ESU Loksound V5

40034_Nick

Right.

Unfortunately also the XL5   :negative:  

But the 'normal' decoders will have a better value because instead of the (in my personal opinion) dubious 23mm speaker now a sugarcube speaker is included.

As I said before, currently with the Euro-Pound rate as it is today, the only decoders going up is the Micro Decoder, obviously IF the Pound collapses then everything will go up, Bachmann, Hornby, ESU, Zimo, Lenz etc, etc. On the current range of V4 Decoders we have always supplied the 20mm X 40mm Speaker at extra cost too us, as we agree the 23mm round unsealed is poor.   Sadly I am amazed the number of customers who still fit unsealed speakers.

In conclusuion, based on what we currently know the Micro is the only one to increase.    Charlie at DCKits/Legomanbiffo.

Hi 

Anyone know if this V5 will be available in a 6pin direct fit version which the V4 never was

Thanks

Hi Paul,

the normal V5 has a 6-pin harness.

The micro5 is being supplied with Next18 interface as a standard plus flexible 'foil' adapters which can be folded over (or under) the chip which give an overall length including pins of less than 30 mils.

Wolf

post-34794-0-37139300-1548434813.jpg

post-34794-0-20816200-1548434822.jpg

LokProgrammer Software 5.0.0 is out now!

http://www.esu.eu/en/downloads/software/lokprogrammer/

Wunderbar !!

It works well.. Just doesnt let you update from version 4 (In my case anyway).

So you have to download and install 5.. It also leaves V4 installed and doesnt overwrite it, so you have both versions installed on your PC..

Edited by 40034_Nick

Wunderbar !!

It works well.. Just doesnt let you update from version 4 (In my case anyway).

So you have to download and install 5.. It also leaves V4 installed and doesnt overwrite it, so you have both versions installed on your PC..

Will version 5 programmer program v4 chips still?

The release noted for LP 5 contimue on from those for LP 4.7.2 implyimg it is a continuation of 4.7.2 as opposed to a completely new piece of software.

ESU have said in their 2019 highlights e-booklet that LS4 decoders will not be available after February. But inevitably there will be some dealers with stock beyond Feb.

• 6 months later...
On 14/01/2019 at 22:33, Dungrange said:

Are there any details on how many non-sound functions these V5 decoders will have?

If I’m reading the manual right, 8 plus two logic level so 10 in total. At least on the 21pin MTC.

C4237B86-3916-4C35-A642-229098DA30E9.png

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Norm81 said:

If I’m reading the manual right, 8 plus two logic level so 10 in total. At least on the 21pin MTC.

C4237B86-3916-4C35-A642-229098DA30E9.png

There is the capability for full power on:

Front light/rear light, and up to AUX1-8 (so 10 in total) using the rear solder pads for AUX3-8

Note that you get 4 or 6 full power outputs on the 21 pin connector depending upon the decoder type.

58419 and 58429 have four FL/RL/AUX1-2. (FL/RL are headlight and rear light on the diagram above)

58449 (or 21MKL) has six. FL/RL/AUX1-4

AUX 9/10 that can be configured as inputs/logic outputs or power pack control.

Finally AUX 11/12 as logic outputs - but can be configured for SUSI data or servo control

So - possibly 14 outputs in total!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 minute ago, newbryford said:

There is the capability for full power on:

Front light/rear light, and up to AUX1-8 (so 10 in total) using the rear solder pads for AUX3-8

Note that you get 4 or 6 full power outputs on the 21 pin connector depending upon the decoder type.

58419 and 58429 have four FL/RL/AUX1-2. (FL/RL are headlight and rear light on the diagram above)

58449 (or 21MKL) has six. FL/RL/AUX1-4

AUX 9/10 that can be configured as inputs/logic outputs or power pack control.

Finally AUX 11/12 as logic outputs - but can be configured for SUSI data or servo control

So - possibly 14 outputs in total!

That’s me getting one for my Class 60, getting some new light boards knocked up for individual LED control to do proper day/night, with and without rears and all the other prototypical combinations (there’s a thread I posted somewhere with them listed).

• Like 1