Small shunting layout

teaky

• RMweb Gold

I have a small shunting layout which I built for one of my sons.  Essentially, it is a run around loop with sidings at each end (see attached photographs) and sits on a 1.9m IKEA Lack floating shelf.

Track is 00 code 100 Hornby with Peco points.  Figures and rolling stock are not included, but I'm open to offers.   You would probably need a new backscene as the existing one is a little faded and you'd also need a controller with a couple of banana plugs on the leads.

I know this is the 'Free to a good home' topic but perhaps a donation to a charity (Alzheimer's Association or Cancer Research) would be appropriate.

post-9672-0-07268700-1547044154_thumb.jpg

post-9672-0-71939600-1547044176_thumb.jpg

post-9672-0-15376300-1547044198_thumb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 28/01/2019 at 22:42, Jongudmund said:

Is this still available?

Sorry Jon.  Only just noticed your post.  I blame the new style forum. :rolleyes:

Yes, it is still available.

• Like 1

Thank you Jon, that's very kind.

@teaky, due to other commitments, I probably wouldn't be able to collect for a couple of weeks. If you don't need it gone quickly, I would definitely be interested.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Del said:

@teaky, due to other commitments, I probably wouldn't be able to collect for a couple of weeks. If you don't need it gone quickly, I would definitely be interested.

No problem Jon.  PM me once you know your preferred date(s).

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 06/02/2019 at 18:10, Del said:

How are you getting on with the layout, Del?  Did you get it up and running again?

• Like 2

On 04/12/2019 at 08:07, teaky said:

How are you getting on with the layout, Del?  Did you get it up and running again?

I've been enjoying it as a bit of a wagon-shuffling 'unwinder'. It's amazing how half-an-hour's shunting helps you relax after work!

New buildings to be built in the New Year for its rebirth as a light railway terminus.

• Like 8
  • Agree 1

• 10 months later...

Hi Del

I found this while looking up banana plugs.  How are you getting on now ?

Rob's plan looks to be a very good one with plenty of shunting and it sounds great as a light railway terminus. It looks a bit like that already in the photos I think there's a lot to be said for a layout that can be shunted on the board.  

• Like 2