Johndc120

Situated around the sand and gravel pits of tewksbury, Shwt was a small station stop and goods yard on a previously busy double track LNWR line. Modelled around the mid 1960s, the line in recent years has fallen upon hard times, converted to single track some time ago, the line beyond Shwt crossing has now succumb to the Beeching axe. With the closing of this line, Shwt lost it's passenger traffic and owes survival to the sand loading platform constructed next the old engine shed. The only trains to reach Shwt now are mixed goods trains which supply the small coal merchant, the goods stores and the sand loading. As typical for the 1960's Shwt is occassionally the destination for railtours exploring old lines

Edited by Johndc120
  • Like 3

Nice photos John, captures the feeling very well. 

Ian.

Thanks Ian, it’s been a bit of a challange to depict a really run down section of line. It’s not something you see regularly so we wanted to do. I’m glad you like how it’s turned outsomething different

• Like 1

Looks excellent!  Could you explain what you used, or how you did, the weeds and hedges please? Very convincing in the close ups.

I also like the out of use level crossing, I've had similar ideas before - the implementation is brilliant.

cheers. It looks rather good (thou g h I didn't realise the crane height would be hilariously out place with me idea). Langley Models seems to have nice kits though.

Thanks, it is really tall although if you look closely this has 2 extension pieces in the middle of the jib, so with these out it would be a fair bit shorter. Pain in the preverbial kit to make I will warn you!

Slightly OT but in respect of footbridges

The footbridge at Dovecliffe lasted 10 years out of use after they ripped tracks up

Brian

Having followed your Facebook page for sometime, 'tis nice to see you break cover.

This really is an excellent layout with some very well done modelling - bravo...

Haha yes I thought it was about time we got ourselves on here as the layout gets close to being complete. Thanks for following our progress and maybe at some point will see you at a show sometime soon

• Like 1