Johndc120

54 minutes ago, DLT said:

Very neat indeed John, is that Speedframe you have used?

Cheers, Dave.

Hi Dave, we used a company call ross castors to supply the aluminium box and joints, I like theirs as the joints have a steel section inside the plastic

John

• Thanks 1

John,

That is stunning. The scenic work is superb and the overall scene and colours are fantastic. You've captured that down at heel atmosphere of a line in its final days perfectly. 

Looking forward to seeing more. Cracking stuff.

David

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/02/2019 at 09:38, Siberian Snooper said:

I like the inclusion of the traps in the turnout, I can't remember having seen them modelled before.

Thank you, it was orriginally going to be 2 seperate traps, but then came across a photo of one like it and thought that would be interesting to do

John

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Blandford1969 said:

What a fab layout, it has just the right look of 1960s run down without going over the top. Your track work is incredible. 

It took a lot of research, and to be honest I was going to go a bit further with it so you would be pushing through the bushes. However the other members rained me in and I’m glad they did as it’s a case of less is more. 

Thank you very much for your kind words, I love building track, I find it really statifying 

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Blandford1969 said:

Did you build all the point work which is next to each other as one lot or as separate items?  

It’s a bit of a mix, the diamond and the 2 points next to it were all one, the crossovers were one piece but then there was a couple of odd bits which ended up being seperate 

9888D0DE-3130-4CDE-A3AC-A743D1E99F2B.jpeg

E0EF8442-19C1-4FF9-BDB9-ED2192AF5775.jpeg

328EEF8E-A819-432B-8B28-AD365E3C641C.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, Johndc120 said:

It took a lot of research, and to be honest I was going to go a bit further with it so you would be pushing through the bushes. However the other members rained me in and I’m glad they did as it’s a case of less is more. 

The track and Scenics look brilliant, I’ve tried a longer grass and foliage technique on Albion Yard and Shelfie2 , and whilst it looks ok it doesn’t work particularly well in 4mm with mechanisms and brake gear getting caught on the foliage.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 02/02/2019 at 18:49, Johndc120 said:

we found the best way was just to design and 3D print our own. 

8F07FC99-69ED-484E-9340-F916DD6FEF77.jpeg.e6bb54226c36340793591a1bdb3c4ac3.jpeg

Those really are superb.

Would you consider having some printed commercially, perhaps?

I know of one customer you'd have, for sure!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 24/04/2019 at 16:44, Captain Kernow said:

Those really are superb.

Would you consider having some printed commercially, perhaps?

I know of one customer you'd have, for sure!

thank you very much

absolutely I have! I have 4 different designs of cases done, 3 different point machines and doing a few other signalling bits. at the moment however I haven't got the spare time or the space to produce enough to sell commercially. I'm moving house shortly which should allow me to get a couple of printers going 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Only just come across this and love everything about it. Nice use of the disused level crossing to make a terminus; interesting track plan for a shunting puzzle; and fantastic idea for shortening a lengthy siding.

I’ve been trying to think up a way of doing just this on my own layout, so may just use the ‘abandoned wagon’ approach myself...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

What an incredible layout, it reminds me so much of 'Bleakhouse Road' by the venerable Captain.

It's simple yet extremely detailed at the same time. There's stuff to look at everywhere but it does not feel cluttered at all, just the right feeling of desolation.

• Like 3

On 02/02/2019 at 18:49, Johndc120 said:

We’ve been really struggling to find the right style of signalling equipment (location) cases. In the end we found the best way was just to design and 3D print our own. 

I designed them as 3 different parts, the post, a large case and a small case so any combination can be made

it’s surprising how mich smaller these are than the wills ones

B5BE3D6F-70A9-4A70-B8DD-54F0700A9E14.jpeg.d23fd4e683cdfd3e10d1a78793e9e235.jpeg

I'd put the door on that location case or some S&T type will walk past and make off with that clearly redundant relay.

• Like 1