Graham Farish 2019 Catalogue announces Parrot and HKA wagons

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Did B.R. brand their blue and grey Mk1s as "Inter-City Motorail"?  I recall this being done in the executive era but not the B&G era...…..

374-164A BR Mk1 FK First Corridor BR Blue & Grey (Motorail).

Plenty of interesting Scottish coach releases including the Highlander coaches and coach packs.

No new N gauge Class 85 that many were hoping for and no Mk1 SLC Inter-City Sleeper composite...….. 

The Motorail branding was on the end of the coaches below the C1 restriction markings. Interesting that they have put B1 bogies on the coach as I haven’t seen a Motorail one that hasn’t got B4’s or Commonwealths. I’ll be getting some for the Olympia fleet.

Another Blue Domino class 47 is good, as is the sound fitted class 101.

• Like 1

Those Warships look temping - especially Grenville - as that livery (Green with no warning panels) was only previously made as part of a digital train set.

More nice coaches coming by the looks of things - I missed out on the Chocolate & Cream BG first time around - and at last the RU is being done in Chocolate & Cream.

• RMweb Premium

Shouldn't the blue/grey Intercity Motorail GUV have B5 heavy duty bogies (or at least B4) in that era? I've found a shot of 93331 in July 1986 with B5s. Or would that create the dreaded height problem as with the Mark 2s?

• RMweb Premium

It is disappointing to see such a lack of new tooling. It's not unexpected however given the factory issues, item cancellations and the number of outstanding previously promised products. 

No complaints here.

Perfectly sensible to reissue models in new liveries from existing tooling, in fact when you see the list, which represents re-treads of just a small part of their inventory it makes you realise just how much Bachmann have invested in growing the Farish range over the years. A couple of years ago I would have been disappointed to see no new tool locos, but actually the range is pretty massive already. I will happily wait for the sound fitted 8F, and Thompsons but now I will add weathered 5MT that I can fit sound in myself (I already have one that was done for me) a weathered 4F and you can never have too many J39s in my book! Of course pricing may turn out to be a shock to some, but that seems inevitable in the current economic climate around the world.

A well done from me, sensible investment in more sound friendly locos and a nice range of releases across all eras.

Roy

• RMweb Premium

Am I being thick?

374-996 BR Mk2 TSO & Mk1 BG 2-Coach Pack BR ScotRail

But no Mk2 on its own...

I had to do a double take at that as well,  I can forsee this set being split up especially as I really only want the BG.

• RMweb Gold

HI all,.

Nice balanced set of releases there and realistic in terms of ambition.

Very happy with sound fitted 60s and as others have said interested to see how they manage it in the 14.

Also looking forward to the HKAs - nice to see new tooling to reflect the nuanced differences between these and the HHAs rather than an "it'll do" repaint.

Some of the new liveries have caught my eye such as the Electrification Queen Mary brake which is one the NGS did not do and LMS BG in blue and in tartan arrow.

Some useful items in the new Scenecraft range including the motorail ramp which will go very nicely with the NGS Mk1 carflats!

Cheers

Ben A,

Hi all,

Andy and his colleagues did us all good today - and an enjoyable lunchtime reading - so thanks to them for getting us the information to our desktops.

I am not at all surprised by the limited 'new tooling' items and am pleased to see Farish expand on their current set of models with additional liveries.  That said, I welcome the HKA National Power wagons, especially as they are in debranded and DB Schenker.  Maybe Dapol might push ahead with their N gauge 59, given they would already have a wagon to go behind it (well, at least the National Power one would!).

Perhaps my biggest surprise is the announcement of many new sound models, most of all the Class 14!  As this feature seems to have achieved great acclaim with the 40, DMU and at least one steam loco over the past year or so, I feel it is an area that the manufacturers should continue to address, though not at the expense of losing customers due to higher costs.  That said, I wonder if they will consider releasing non-fitted versions of the same models, like they are in OO?

Pleased to see the Voyager make a re-appearance as well as a first release of the original Provincial 150/1!  I thought this livery suited the 150s very well.

Good to see OO model configurations filter down to N - the Highland Rail 101 & Mk2 TSO, as well as the Mk1 TSO & BSK.  Good choice and I suspect a popular one?

My interest will certainly be in the 60s and the 37s, though at least one or two of the sound fitted models must be on the cards!

A wise announcement to promote more of what they already have, whilst giving time to catchup, not just in N but in OO.

Really pleased with what is on offer and I am sure I am not alone.

Cheers,

Ixion.

• RMweb Gold

I had to do a double take at that as well, I can forsee this set being split up especially as I really only want the BG.

Haven’t you already done one of those yourself? And the Newspaper BG? If so, you must have a gift for foreseeing the future! Perhaps you should tell us what’s on the workbench now so we know what to expect from Farish next year ;)

Edited by Western Aviator

• RMweb Premium

Indeed I have. The Newspaper vans will not be required as I prefer my converted ones with the blanked off doors mods.

I have a Class 101 DMU nearly finished in refurbished white with blue stripe and a freshly arrived Mk2a FK about to be declassified so that's two of next year's releases...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Am I being thick?

374-996 BR Mk2 TSO & Mk1 BG 2-Coach Pack BR ScotRail

But no Mk2 on its own...

I was thinking about keeping the BG and selling on the TSO but then I remembered seeing this picture: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/grays-railways/6830256308/

It's 50017 in NSE livery hauling a Penzance to Glasgow/Edinburgh train in 1987 with just such a coach in the formation. I doubt that this was the only time this happened and ScotRail BGs were also recorded on Penzance trains so you could justify having both these new coaches on layouts a long way from Scotland.