Bachmann Branchline 2019 catalogue announces more OO9 and HKA bogie hopper.

Andy Y

I remember seeing the SECR C Class on sale for £75 when they first came out ! although I’m not sure if the all got this livery, I think the plainer Green would have been more common until WW1, and still no LMS crimson compound ?

Totally agree on both counts,... should be under the first window.... And secondly, yeah, it’s difficult to find photos! I was watching YouTube and that confirmed to me that the Bachmann placement is wrong... i’d taken some screen shots from YouTube, but not sure if it’s permissable to post them here....

23 mins on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCRYKXhmEm4 has 3 of them departing behind a 27. Think there were only 5 in that livery and all 3 have the ScotRail logo under the first window on the video. Think they also appear earlier in the video departing Haymarket behind a 47. Will check later.

Will drop Bachmann a polite email. Suggest others may want to do so as well.

Edited by Waverley47708

Totally agree on both counts,... should be under the first window.... And secondly, yeah, it’s difficult to find photos! I was watching YouTube and that confirmed to me that the Bachmann placement is wrong... i’d taken some screen shots from YouTube, but not sure if it’s permissable to post them here....

they already got it wrong on their new Mk2F BSO Blue & Grey on one side and they told me they will alert their art department to re-check and amend for the future - lets hope they sort it out on this one too because once its gone past the printing stage that's it then, its too late...…..

Pleased to say Bachmann came back very quickly this morning with a reassuring email advising the model of the ScotRail TSO is a mock up and that the positioning if the ScotRail branding is to be "tweaked"

Excellent customer service.

Great stuff!

I really wish Bachmann would stop adding factory weathering to wagons. Most of the time it's of poor quality and it ruins the model, whilst presumably making it slightly more expensive. Those who want weathering will do it themselves or pay someone.

The oil stains on the TEA just look pants:

38-117_3464855_Qty1_cat.jpg

Edited by faa77

• RMweb Premium

I haven't followed this topic all the way through. Has there been any news on the V2?

I haven’t seen any. They do still feature on page 48 of the new catalogue which I received today. Only pictures of the real thing though, not any models

attachicon.gif50995054_1858289180946398_4780264683091263488_n.jpgI really wish Bachmann would stop adding factory weathering to wagons. Most of the time it's of poor quality and it ruins the model, whilst presumably making it slightly more expensive. Those who want weathering will do it themselves or pay someone.

The oil stains on the TEA just look pants:

You take choice.Mine is to purchase them as my skill base is not good enough to achieve the standard they set .See attached picture of 3 wagons on my layout with factory weathering . 

38-117_3464855_Qty1_cat.jpg

Okay, but would it really be difficult for Bachmann to weather only half the batch and make everyone happy?

This thread https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/141743-planned-Bachmann-branchline-2019-release-schedule/ has been locked but the list of releases posted there simply highlights the backlog Bachmann have. In reality it would have been far better if they had announced that list rather than simply adding to the backlog. I make that the only 2019 releases on it are 3 37s and 2 47s (ignoring Sound duplicates), a NEA and two GUVs with the remainder being new tooling's whose announcements date back to 2014 (the Class 90) and new versions of extant models whose announcements date back to 2016 (the 03s).

Edited by Butler Henderson

I really wish Bachmann would stop adding factory weathering to wagons. Most of the time it's of poor quality and it ruins the model, whilst presumably making it slightly more expensive. Those who want weathering will do it themselves or pay someone.

I really wish manufacturers would stop making Class 66s.   :angel:

• RMweb Premium

Looking at Hattons livery samples, Bachmann are in trouble I think. It’s a shame they both had to release the B.R. and Biffa versions though. Could Bachmann not have released a Royal Scotsman version instead? Avoiding duplication is what’s gonna help Bachmann sell 66’s.

Looking at Hattons livery samples, Bachmann are in trouble I think. It’s a shame they both had to release the B.R. and Biffa versions though. Could Bachmann not have released a Royal Scotsman version instead? Avoiding duplication is what’s gonna help Bachmann sell 66’s.

Well given if they do make those 66s it will not be until 2020 at the earliest they will no doubt be taking account of how many get ordered by the various dealers and either make the requisite number or cancel them.

On the contrary, as we have seen before this theory applies: https://www.uh.edu/engines/epi2692.htm

Hotelling's Law suggests that competing vendors do best when they go head to head.

• 3 weeks later...

Bachmann's forthcoming L/L Blue 47 711.

Despite searching through numerous photos, can't find any with a square HI headlight fitted in this livery.  AFAIK both L/L 47 711/712 only had the round ScR car type headlights replaced with square HI units when repainted into ScotRail Exec livery.  Anyone got a photo or link that shows differently ? 

TIA

https://www.Bachmann.co.uk/product/branchline-class-47-7-47711-greyfriars-bobby-br-blue-large-logo-31-665/

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/01/2019 at 05:13, 'CHARD said:

I really wish manufacturers would stop making Class 66s.   :angel:

But at least you can choose an alternative. Who else produces the Shell TEA which Bachmann have announced?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys.....

Sorry for repeating myself on this but is anyone aware of when 44-0201 Low Relief Corner Pub, The Red Lion may become available...?

Regards

Bob

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Pylon King said:

Recently purchased the Telecommunications cabin , great model.

ED215534-0500-4F0A-878C-0A016A09E512.jpeg

Very nice. But I hope that's a mobile communications tower rather than overhead pylons, because of the potential for interference.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

4 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Very nice. But I hope that's a mobile communications tower rather than overhead pylons, because of the potential for interference.

I agree in theory interference should be an issue ,surprisingly it appears to be the opposite with high voltage towers now regularly feature these antennas. I also have a 1:76 scale  L6 400kV pylon in the collection feature them .5FE65BEF-C371-4681-870B-BA28234BAB84.jpeg.315fe2df27076407ced83627aad9074f.jpeg8A16F21A-CF27-4BE6-BA8D-449497BD8EDD.jpeg.e64ead6c8ed90914e26879549197992a.jpeg

E1D0BA02-0690-44C4-8598-76EF02903558.jpeg

Edited by Pylon King
  • Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4