Bachmann Branchline 2019 catalogue announces more OO9 and HKA bogie hopper.

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps the only thing on the list that jumped out as odd was a further 150/1 in Provincial. As far as I recall this has been done before (as part of a set) and hung around for ages at discounted prices. A 150/2 in this livery would be a buy for me (and potentially others)...

150/2 never wore light blue provincial that the 150/1’s wore.

Theyre introduction livery was the inverse of Provincial 150/1 and without a full yellow end, just a yellow corrider door.

http://www.traintesting.com/images/150-2_unit.jpg - 1986

They ran like this for a few months until a full yellow end was applied. - from late 1986

http://www.traintesting.com/images/150-2_Edinburgh_86.jpg

This livery was later amended to include a grey/ red line “Network north west” branding -from April 1989

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66289212@N07/21723172202

Before further adaption to Regional railways- from 1992

https://www.flickr.com/photos/37190-dalzell/40454605431

A final iteration of the original base livery from 1986 appeared, with a green stripe appeared, but i dont think on 150/2’s, post privatisation.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

I’ve had a good read through this thread and to be honest, even though there’s not a lot for me I think the 2019 announcements are pretty good considering considering the production issues they’ve been experiencing. I think it gives Bachmann breathing space to get back on track.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Yes, seems to be a pragmatic approach given everything they are juggling at the moment.

Looking forward to:

Class 40 'Andania'

Class 45 'Royal Tank Regiment'

Patriot 'Unknown Warrior'

(and of course all the other releases that I will find just too tempting when they are released !)

Plus a new Jubilee, black compound, two tone 47 and maroon portholes. Going to be a good year for BR(M) steam/diesel modellers. Sounds good to me.

Also pleased to see so many wagon releases, for my money Bachmann wagons have stood apart from the competition.

Steve

• RMweb Premium

Is this the first sign that Bachmann are backing out of new 00-steam ?

So much low-hanging fruit they could have picked:

updated Manor, more Atlantics, a SECR D 4-4-0 instead of a re-run of the C in SECR livery, lost the Lord Nelson to Hornby, - but apparently not worth the investment?

Which wouldn’t have actually turned up for years!

Look, we all understand that Bachmann’s announcement this year is a disappointment for those who judge success on the sheer volumes of new tooling being anouncded but whinging about it on here makes no difference to the actual real world situation Bachmann find themselves in regarding production capacity.

• Administrators

Sorry Andy is there a list of all the models yet to be released from previous years and which have been dropped so we can see if the situation is as bad as some say it is? I know Bachmann can be slow but most new models tend to be out in 2 to 4 years.

Very little has been dropped and has been covered in a seperate thread. As you will have doubtless read elsewhere on this forum, 2-4 years is an underestimate in some cases for these models, a situation they are trying to rectify.

• Administrators

Hey Andy . . . .are the team from Hatton's there ???   :angel:  :friends:  :whistle:

JOKE :-)

Hattons, Rails and Kernow were all represented today, along with many other traders. In all the fuss over new announcements, people forget the primary aim of these events is to let Bachmann meet the trade and take orders. 

Which wouldn’t have actually turned up for years!

Look, we all understand that Bachmann’s announcement this year is a disappointment for those who judge success on the sheer volumes of new tooling being anouncded but whinging about it on here makes no difference to the actual real world situation Bachmann find themselves in regarding production capacity.

No one is whinging.

The Lord Nelson turned up within the year

-- in a red box.

• RMweb Gold

Hattons, Rails and Kernow were all represented today

That should set conspiracies flying.

Where they armed, did they bring Pies, Pasties and Yorkshire Pudding.

Are they staying overnight, attending the Brexit vote, march, civil war etc tomorrow ?

Just looking at the coverage of the Bachmann 2019 features on the Hattons site.

I see that the Baguley-Drewery is described as possessing a "6-pin digital scoket".

So Bachmann are introducing a new DCC interface too?  :jester:

I'll go quietly.....

And I can't spell either! :no:

Edited by Hroth

Perhaps the only thing on the list that jumped out as odd was a further 150/1 in Provincial.  As far as I recall this has been done before (as part of a set) and hung around for ages at discounted prices.  A 150/2 in this livery would be a buy for me (and potentially others)...

"Covkid" wrote

AFAIK the Provincial light blue 150/1 was an exclusive by Trains4you of Peterborough

Edited by Covkid

• Administrators

In

In many ways, it would have been better to state up-front that there would be no new tooling for 2019 - that would have prevented the endless speculation and the consequent disappointment.

I can't believe that this non-announcement has done anything to enhance the company's reputation - quite the opposite, in fact.

What were PR thinking?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

You are assuming everyone lives in an RMweb bubble. Saying "We are doing nothing" would set a number of people off gleefully predicting the end of Bachmann, but in the wider world, it wouldn't matter.

Even if there are no big announcements, an update from the company on progress in all areas is very helpful to the trade. You might as well bundle that with mention of a few new products - allowing for re-releases, reliveries and sound fitting, that run to around 2 for every working day. That's something the trade will want to know about.

Which brings me to the main point of the event - the trade. All the press are taken off to a small, separate room for the briefing. The main room with all the models in it is full of trade. Today, that included the people in charge of Hattons, Rails and Kernow to name but 3. As the event tours the country, they will meet as many other traders as possible to "press the flesh" and more importantly, take orders. Staying in touch with the people who sell your products is vital, and this is a more efficient way of bringing them into contact with the designers and senior management than taking those people out of Barwell on a bus tour of the UK.

Speculation is mostly from within this little world, the disappointment certainly is. For everyone moaning there isn't a shiny new Fell diesel for them to moan about, there are others delighted that you can buy N gauge panniers or diesel fuelling depots again. 

• Like 4

Hello everyone,

Firstly thanks to Andy and Phil for providing these useful updates on here about Bachmann and then for taking time to put up all the release information. Even better most are showing respect and keeping things positive.

I was expecting less from Bachmann this year with the factory change etc which must have been a massive disruption for them and with current finances personally would allow me to still get what I would like. Still over 400 items is a lot and surely something for most people.

I’m looking forward to the EWS 37/7 being a particular favourite still to come and Freightliner 90. I would also like the 2HAP in NSE.

From today’s news my first surprise was the 009 Diesel, especially the photo being taken at Almond Valley heritage centre in Livingston. A great place to take the kids locally. A very interesting addition to the range and I’m sure will be popular.

WCRC 37669 will be ordered, and the MK 2 in WCRC livery is also very welcome. I’ve already done several MK1’s from Bachmann coaches to go with them.

The BRA in weathered,patch painted condition looks good as well, as does a couple of new FNA’s ( you can’t have too many flasks!)

I was hoping Bachmann would have done the DRS 2F’s and the 158 in Saltire livery and my money would have been on a WCRC 57/3 after 2mm range getting one. The only dilema really is which Saltire 2F’s to get.

I think there’s a really good range of announcements from the big and new enterprises last year and into this year already. Despite everything else in the economy our hobby can’t be doing that badly which is encouraging to see.

Thanks

Mark

I felt the C class reissue and the Unknown Warrior Patriot were smart reuses of existing tooling. The former sells for ludicrous prices on eBay and the prototype for the latter is due to steam in the not too distant future - you'd think that would help sales.

Very little has been dropped and has been covered in a seperate thread. As you will have doubtless read elsewhere on this forum, 2-4 years is an underestimate in some cases for these models, a situation they are trying to rectify.

Thanks Phil - do you mind sharing that seperate thread? Keen to find out the fate of the LMS 10001...

• Administrators

I felt the C class reissue and the Unknown Warrior Patriot were smart reuses of existing tooling. The former sells for ludicrous prices on eBay and the prototype for the latter is due to steam in the not too distant future - you'd think that would help sales.

Apparently they are finalising the Unknown Warrior tender details. The crest has also altered and so this is being modified. 

• Administrators

Thanks Phil - do you mind sharing that seperate thread? Keen to find out the fate of the LMS 10001...

The latest info is at the top of the Bachmann topic - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/138683-Bachmann-explain-unforeseen-delay-issue/

There's also this one: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/141095-Bachmann-announce-deferment-of-prestwin-and-j39-update-in-oo-and-j72-and-dp1-in-n-ahead-of-2019-announcements/

• Like 1

Except the C class is not the same running number. Preserved is 592 (as was the first batch), this model carries 583. There will very few out there prepared to renumber a £200 model but it might make a dent in the value of auction site ones. 592 is easy to justify as a preserved loco on many layouts. 583 covers a pre 1912 period. I,m not sure when she was repainted out from full livery to simplified. Will check my notes to see if she is there.

• RMweb Premium

You're absolutely right. That's what a 14 hour and counting day does for you. Sorry to have offended you. Post now deleted.

Wasnt offended at all, just thought you’d meant to post in Farish thread.

i just been having a look range sensible choices given the backlog but looks like no ones doing the modern livery class 86 so far this year and not much passed 1996 in the range. Thought they might add to the class 90 but may next year. there a few interesting items like west coast coaches will get a few of them, ews  scrap wagon, ews log wagons fancy 2 more, steel wagon could do with 3 more. No loco really for me  but plenty still on preorder from last year. i am happy to give my wallet a rest.