Bachmann Branchline 2019 catalogue announces more OO9 and HKA bogie hopper.

Andy Y

At least it'll be different from every L&B layout, running Heljan locos, Peco coaches and wagons, and the new 391-032 "Baldwin 10-12-D Tank E763 'Sid' SR Maunsell Green" which is a very odd choice for me.

I think they're doing a bit of imagineering.

E763 would have followed Lyn E762 had the Southern bought another loco rather than (or prior to) building Lew E188. Sid is a small river in east Devon which fits in with the L&B's other loco names.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I think some people are failing to understand how Bachmann, and indeed other manufacturers, compile their catalogues. There are three groups of models that they include:

New tooling or reissues/new liveries on existing tooling just announced, as detailed in Andy York's initial post for Bachmann 2019

Models announced in previous years that have yet to arrive (less any that have been cancelled)

Models that have already been delivered by the factory but have significant stock still unsold in the warehouse.

So when people complain that there is no new 4mm steam, for example, that's wrong - the catalogue will include the 1P 0-4-4T, the retooled J72, the retooled V2, and the 94xx. Just because we already knew they intended to make them doesn't mean they won't be new when they arrive. If the scaled back selection of newly-tooled announcements allows for toolroom and production capacity for the new/retooled steam and diesels also already announced, that's surely a good thing?

• Like 2

amazed that as the 90 is on the way that we didn't see a Virgin 90 in the same announcement TBH.  It might well pop up as a mid-year surprise release and I think that is highly likely given the relationship between the 2.

Thought the Class 85 would take a break this year but I see another release in AL5 guise.   

37 fans will be pleased to see Loch Rannock make a return.   Was it the old tooling the last time Bachmann did this loco ?

The only Loch Rannoch already done was as 37408, not as a 37/0

• RMweb Premium

It hasn't un fortunately. Just looked at the pic for it. 

HTH :)

Re 47435, a slight correction :-)

Since you have access to an image, does it have dominoes or is it effectively a repeat of 47001?

EDIT - now seen Andy's image. It has dominoes.

Edited by brushman47544
  • Like 1

Bachmann have sent over the catalogue images for each of the products listed in the OP. I've put a selected few in there but I'll upload them by section - hover to see the image title containing the product reference number.

Steam

Certainly can see me ordering two of the GWR War Black Panniers now... :)

• Like 1

Aye, not bad.

Shrewd moves with the jockanese stuff, that’ll fly.

A green 47 I can make into 004 ? Looks like it and probably get the banger blue one too.....

DB RBA useful for those with DB 67s.

Parcels and Royal Mail GUV, BG May be handy too.

SSa scrap wagon looks like a retool for later years in EWs ownership ?

Careful,and cautious approach

Edited by rob D2
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Just seen the D1842 image above, to confirm m earlier post,.. this is D1842 1960’s style, not as preserved.

A choice that will be popular, Steam heat, Two tone green Serck shutters (as opposed to D1572/D1500 releases which where 3 plate grills), a variant previously only available as Kernows limited edition.

So now whos building a WCRC charter set ?

And whos building a Network Rail test train using the above BG and Hornbys mk2e’s in NR yellow.. lets hope the two collaborate to use the same shade of yellow - wouldnt that be a mega win ?

Curious choice 47435, still i’m breathing relief i’m mid way through converting 47405 (with tanks) and 47491 (w/o tanks), both marker/beams varieties with headlamps on my work bench, (i’m awaiting the jewels to arrive to finish them).

47/7 in Blue will set some hearts fluttering.

Edited by adb968008
  • Thanks 1

Diesels / EMUs

Excellent news: Brush Type 4/ Class 47 in both of its most common detail configurations and liveries.  That will do nicely (GSYP especially).

The crane looks suitably impressive; simply for its presence, I would predict that is going to grace many a depot.

I will admit i feel the ‘announcement’ could be a bit of PR disaster, i understand that it makes business sense to consolidate and catch up, but will this not lead to larger gaps between whats been announced and then what they may announce next year?

And on the face that next year Hornby celebrate 100 years ( see advert on rear page of their catalogue) i hope that next years announcment isnt overshadowed by the red team who may go all out for their centenary year.

That being said some re-liveries are welcome 37012 in particular, although personally id have liked to have seen that loco in br blue/small white stripe, and the servicing point looks very good indeed. And of course its always nice to see some more NSE units.

• RMweb Gold

So now we have 3 players offering the same liveried Class 66's at three different levels of detail...that's just plain dumb in this market.

Yes Hornby offer the cheap & cheerful version for the lower end but what does the Bachmann 66 offer considering it will probably be the same price or more expensive than the new tooled Hatton's version  :scratchhead:

The older versions, from both Hornby and Bachmann will have, long ago, passed the break-even point on their tooling, so my cynical side suggests that neither has much to lose by making a point to the "upstart".

Bachmann's list prices won't matter a jot, once the Hatton's one is out (and provided that, as expected, it turns out to be the better model), the clearance discounting will begin.

However, the entry-level specification of Hornby's 66 means they aren't really in this fight, at least not directly. Their only cause for concern will be that the prices of the Bachmann ones might get pushed down too close to those of the "Railroad" models

John 

Edited by Dunsignalling
  • Like 1

Excellent news: Brush Type 4/ Class 47 in both of its most common detail configurations and liveries.  That will do nicely (GSYP especially).

The crane looks suitably impressive; simply for its presence, I would predict that is going to grace many a depot.

Andy has posted an image - 47435 has dominoes yippee. Correct underframe tanks too by the look of it.

Where are you 'CHARD ????????????

There I was, in post 112!!!!   :sungum:  :onthequiet:

I did a live stream as 12:00 rolled over. Hampered by Bachmann's site falling over, but Andy York was the legend who came through with the list here on RMWeb so we all had something to go through!

Probably a good consolidation year, and certainly my bank balance breaths a sigh of relief after the Hornby announcements and orders that followed. There are a few gems hiding in the re liveries but I'm awaiting seeing some pictures to be certain. I'm particularly interested in the Rail Stores van.

• Like 1

Some of the WCRC Mk1 coaches have maroon ends while others don’t so they will have to be careful which ones they give black ends to.

The MkI ends are a bit of a hotch-potch TBF, IC liveried BG with end steps, and ribbed roofs on various renderings but not others.  Have a feeling that many of these are part Photoshopped.

• RMweb Gold

Some of the WCRC Mk1 coaches have maroon ends while others don’t so they will have to be careful which ones they give black ends to.

If in doubt, they should give them all maroon ends, no colour matching issues if one then needs to change them.... 

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

The 158/159 update is interesting.

Regional Railways 158 was to be sound-fitted: it now seems not to be. (Great news from my perspective!)

NSE 159 was not to be sound-fitted, but it now is. (Rubbish news for me)

I do wonder about their approach with new tooling: Hornby provides DC and DCC versions of pretty much everything at launch; Bachmann seems to play this odd game.

The 009 stuff is very interesting. With the growth of the number of products offered in O and 009, I wonder if this means OO is becoming perceived as a difficult market (following N down that path)?

Paul

Paul - I took this as NEW items for this year. 

So 158 in RR is now available both sound fitted and not, same for the 159. 

I think!

Some really good sensible Scotrail based additions there. 37012 and 47711 will be very popular along with the Mk2z in pushpull colours. Also a Mk1 BG. With these being existing tooling, it means they can come to market relatively quickly hopefully.

Cheers

What he said....

These are exactly what I will be buying from this new stuff (If the promised gouge removal appears)   Plus the odd wagon here and there.  Hopefully the lack of completely new stuff will help reduce the ridiculous lead times that are currently the norm with Bachmann.  Still patiently waiting for the 24 headcode version.

Edited by D6975

Those slate built buildings are a joy and obviously intended to go with the Quarry Hunslets. It's one of the harder types of stone to model (pun unintended) as there's no coursing so they'll take a lot of labour out of NG slate railway modelling. Makes a nice change from having to scratch and kit-build absolutely everything, which was the state of British outline OO9 until a few years ago.