Bachmann Branchline 2019 catalogue announces more OO9 and HKA bogie hopper.

Andy Y

I appreciate the work you have put in on this Andy but if the above works the other way around then we might as well all pack our bags and leave. 

What if I said equally it isn't that interesting reading if others are overjoyed by the announcements?   I like to read comments negative and positive as I am sure others do too.

Rude or just plain lies or antagonistic posts...... sure erase or prune those, but beyond that surely its bordering on strangling freedom of speech.   Its only model trains we are ta;king about here not military secrets for heavens sake!

Interesting idea for customer care.

I do find this attitude that we are not allowed to criticise or have an opinion rather disconcerting. Whilst we (Joe Public) May not be privy to the problems Bachmann have experienced in recent times we should still be allowed an opinion, if not what is the point of RMweb?

I, and numerous others, have no wish whatsoever to read numerous 'Nothing in it for me' posts - they just waste space and it's of no interest or relevance to anyone else other than the person who thinks we should all pay attention to them (they invariably never read anyone else's thoughts anyway). It's nothing to do with criticism (as others done linked to more expansive thoughts) but I feel we can ask for intelligent or interesting contributions or are you prepared to read inconsequential and irrelevant posts?

So do not ascribe incorrect intent to comments I have made. You should re-read what I actually said.

it would be disappointing to see interminable personal grizzles on here about lack of announcements to cater for personal wants or needs, or enforced delays, and unless any such contributions can be balanced with something worthwhile to say there will be some pruning of pointless comments
  • Like 4

C class in full SECR colours. Now that was a surprise after all the hear say of the diificulties doing it first time.

A second rake of SECR coloured birdcages too.

The OO-9 looks good too and an area they can do really well in.

No more Atlantics - that is a surprise.

I agree. I figured they're so behind with their deliveries all we could reasonably hope for is some reliveries and if they'd asked me, I would ask for the C class, coaches and WD wagons. Hey presto!!!!

I'm very pleased. I can wait another year for a D class.

• Like 1

a small red 4-4-0 that got everywhere from Bristol to Scotland working everything from main line expresses to secondary single line services suitable for the smaller layout must be a banker.  

Surely that loco only did the Lickey, Shap and Beattock stretches?  :angel:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Whilst I think the 2019 range is a sensible move by Bachmann, I am disappointed that the announcement seems to lack any form of an update regarding models previously announced and apparently in development.

In fact Bachmann via Andy York have provided us with that in another thread. This thread is meant to be about new announcements!

Whilst I think the 2019 range is a sensible move by Bachmann, I am disappointed that the announcement seems to lack any form of an update regarding models previously announced and apparently in development.

See http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/141213-Bachmann-europe-launch-2019-catalogues-a-view-of-2018/?p=3433925

So now every man and his dog will be making a RNAD armaments layout.....

Typical.

An interesting announcement my dad used to work in one of the depots near Portsmouth and was occasionally able to get me a pass to the museum there. We of course noted the railway stuff and the variety of locos and stock both standard and narrow gauge was amazing.

So yes now I’m thinking of an RNAD layout

• Like 2

Cheers, Hatton's have got full listings with pictures.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/NewsDetail.aspx?id=442

...which suggests that there is room for optimism over future supplies to Widnes.  However, as I have no wish to reintroduce that topic in all its manifold blind-alleys and disinformation, I simply offer it as an observation.  The matter rests.

• RMweb Premium

I agree with you post #180 and wholeheartedly agree with your ‘nothing in it for me’ oft used quote. I am all for reasoned debate and constructive criticism. But someone’s expression of the announcements as anti climatic being described as ‘guff’ is a bit strong.

Anyway that said it would appear Bachmann are taking a sensible approach in producing what it can manage in a reasonable timeframe

I like a lot of what I see and as I am building a more modern fleet some of the large hopper wagons look very tempting.

Some of the wagons that might be of interest to 'Big 4' modellers, such as the GW shock van and NE vent van, seem to have the same running numbers as previous recent issues - is this just because the artwork has not been updated or are Bachmann really going to be re-releasing previously produced numbers?

I feel that this is quite a steady sensible strategy.

Sound fitting is going in the same direction as all the American people. Each locomotive seems to be issued with DC and a sound fitted version. Modern traction are far easier to produce and fit so I can envisage that steam locomotives will feature with the SF in say 24 months.

OO9 wagons look interesting and think that it's a crafty design of a standard chassis with differing bodies.

I'm sure that we will eventually see the UK going the same direction as our American cousin. They have some who make differing detail levels for the same item and appropriate prices. Think Athearn do some with basic details and the opportunity for either you to fit or purchase a model with factory fitted details. Others like Rapido do museum quality at substantial amount!

Edited by AMJ

• RMweb Gold

west coast 37 and coaches for me, possibly colas 37521 as ive driven it a few times, definatly going for 'the wasp' 66413

i think ill see what the reception is like for the hattons 66s before i decide to go with Bachmann or hattons for 66789, im more than happy with my current Bachmann 66s so should the hattons ones 'have issues' i now have a time proven alternative

• Like 1

Re 47435, a slight correction :-)

Since you have access to an image, does it have dominoes or is it effectively a repeat of 47001?

EDIT - now seen Andy's image. It has dominoes.

But the ETH jumper is in the wrong place, unless the production version is corrected