Kirkdale to Sandhills

I came across a 1950's photo of the area around Kirkdale station, it is an area I would like to try and create a model.

I have been on line to try and find an OS map of the area, so I could understand the track layout, unfortunately, I cannot find one that presents the specific detail necessary, as I live in Canada, I am reluctant to order a map that would not show me the detail I am looking for .

Can anyone from the area around Liverpool guide me to an OS map or reference book with the detail of the track layout in the area between Kirkdale and Sandhills which I can order online.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

TomD

Hi,

Thanks so much for the response, the map you have shown shows some detail, but unfortunately, there appears to be track detail missing on this map, the photos I have shows crossovers at  the North & South of the station,

I have seen on line, a snapshot of a 1907 OS map that has the detail I am looking for, unfortunately, I cannot find this specific map (only the snapshot).

Years ago Google Earh had some fine images as captured by the German Luftwaffe. 

Liverpool was captured in great detail.

You also have the old Os maps that can be bought for a few pounds....

The record office in Liverpool Library is also an excellent resource who maybe able to help with remote searches

Ian

Hi Tom, Hi Gibbo, happy to help!

It is a great resource, especially with the side by side function.. So much has changed in a short amount of time without realising it!

I think a fellow RMWEB member, and fellow Merseysider (Beast66606) put me onto the maps link a few years ago. He also has 1000's of local photos.

Edited by scouser999