Oxford Rail 2019 speculation

If I was guessing for some things Oxford Rail should do then it would be: 

BR Standard 3MT

NER C1 class / LNER J21

Class 185 

Mk. 3 HST stock

But of course much more likely to get something completely useless that no one wants like a Railgun... 

Outside ideas that could be perfect for Oxford:

Caroline inspection saloon

Bagnall New Standard 18 0-6-0ST

Railvac

HAA Hopper wagon

Some of those are quite plausible actually, although I would have gone with a Midland 2F as a "goods 0-6-0" for more of a variety of liveries and perhaps more sales opportunities.

Caroline and the Railvac are useful little one vehicle trains which even the tiniest ayout could accommodate.

Not convinced the HAA would be a good seller though - imagine anyone who wants MGR wagons for the layoutwill have already sourced the many versions of Hornby ones.

Plenty of liveries on a J21...

Pre-1907 (?) Lined NER Green

NER Lined Black

NER Unlined Black with "N xxxx E"

LNER Early Lined Black

LNER Unlined Black

BR Black

Preservation NER green

Only a day until we find out... I have a good feeling about this announcement, which I didn't with Bachmann and Hornby.

No hints tonight during the Oxford Diecast sneak preview for those of us who are linked to the Oxford Collectors Facebook (horror of horrors) page.  Taff/Eloise did say they are playing "catch up" on the diecast range (and a number of items announced for last quarter have shifted into this, with most of tonight's announcements being pencilled in for Q3) so reading between the lines I suspect there has been some delays caused at Oxford's production facility(ies) so I wonder if we'll get much in the way of rail launches tomorrow, or whether it will be a case of getting out what has already been promised (it would be nice if they could announce a definate date or the HST Mk3s that were announced to follow after the loco hauled ones).  Does also make me wonder if Taff has spent too much time at Hornby and Oxford have suffered a bit as a consequence.

So, presumably all will break cover sometime tomorrow?

Plenty of liveries on a J21...

Pre-1907 (?) Lined NER Green

NER Lined Black

NER Unlined Black with "N xxxx E"

LNER Early Lined Black

LNER Unlined Black

BR Black

Preservation NER green

Only a day until we find out... I have a good feeling about this announcement, which I didn't with Bachmann and Hornby.

NEeeeeeeeeeeeR  . . . . . . . . I'm not certain about that.

:jester:

Is that not a bit harsh? We know now that someone (Heljan) is working on a Class 86.

No I don't think so as I believe the Heljan 86 is the result of the influence of Ben Jones since he joined Heljan although I have no evidence of this. The spoiler comment was a good few years ago now

Mark

No I don't think so as I believe the Heljan 86 is the result of the influence of Ben Jones since he joined Heljan although I have no evidence of this. The spoiler comment was a good few years ago now

Mark

The spoiler could have been due to the photos of Virgin Mk3s being hauled by an 86. Certainly the loco would fit with the coaches, however as the B tanks show, they are reluctant to duplicate and might be less so since a revamp Heljan 86 was announced.

Full Announcement on Facebook:

"Good Morning Everyone

Our 2019 range will include:
New Tooled J27-
OR76J27001- LNER No.1010
OR76J27002- BR (Early) No.65837
OR76J27003- BR (Late) No.65817
OR76J27004- BR L&NER (Red Lining) No.1214
OR76ROR007- Carillion ROR defender
OR76MW5006- Tilmanstone company 5 plank wagon
OR76AR009- EKR Anniversary set (Loco and 2 new Tilmanstone wagons with different running numbers) 
OR76MW7013W Heavily Weathered in wales 7 plank Wagon BR Open wagon
OR76MW7021W- Weathered in wales 7 plank Wagon Kobo
OR76SPWAG01- Mixed PO wagons sets
OR76DG010- Dean Goods with snow plough removed 
OR76ACC01- snow plough accessory 
OR76BOOM03- WW1 Railgun only"

Edited by Edge