'Oh bullocks'

MAP66

• RMweb Premium
On 05/03/2019 at 22:57, Dickon said:

Glad to hear that he's recovered. He does, however, still look a bit white......

To be fair he was still in shock and the colour had drained from his cheeks. 

I've booked him in for an appointment with the paint shop to rectify the problem. 

• RMweb Premium
On 06/03/2019 at 21:42, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Another piece of impressive modelling - try as I might, you can't see the join.

I think I've heard that before somewhere...

Thanks Keith

Its amazing what you can get away with by using a bit of well placed filler.

On 06/03/2019 at 19:48, Alister_G said:

Given the radical surgery, I think anyone would look pale after that!

at least he's upright...

:jester:

Al.

Thanks Al

Like I said to Dickon, a visit to the paint shop and he will be soon back in the pink.

• RMweb Premium

A bit of an update tonight, I decided that the far bank next to the track was too close to the track and so I did some groundwork's and put in a wooden retaining wall and grassed the bank.

My next trial was to introduce some point rodding, well the remains of some. There had been some track alterations years ago and some of the point rodding remains in place even though the turnout it served had long gone.

Not too much scenery to do now, and then finally I can finish the cattle van, just realised that time is running out for this CBC as I will be away last week of March so I need to get cracking.

All the best

Mark

20190310_214816.jpg

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Premium

Finally finished ballasting the track tonight. Took longer than planned because I get bored pretty quickly and then start something else. Ridiculous really as its only an 8" length of track. 

Hats off to those modelers out there who can stick at those repetitive tasks until the jobs done.

Any way here's a pic looking along the finished track bed.

All the best

Mark

Along the track.jpg

• Like 9
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening folks

Busy with other things at the moment so farmer Giles hasn't quite made it back to the paint shop. Best way to overcome that I thought would be to put up a pic in B&W, now who can tell if he's ruddy complexion is fully restored or not?

B&W4.jpg

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

We had 30 seconds of sunshine today, so I thought lets get some photos of the cattle dock taken in natural light. In my haste I didn't quite perch the roof of the cattle van centrally so there is a big overhang.

Any way I just about had time to take a few shots before the clouds blocked out the sun. I have added some signs, the second water trough and one lamp post, one more lamp post to add, these are all included in the kit.

17031.jpg

17032.jpg

17033.jpg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, OOman said:

Very nice Mark the cattle van and signs look great along with the water troughs. Pictures look great in natural light.:good_mini:

Thanks OOman, very kind of you to provide such positive comments.

All the best

Mark

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

`Haven't looked in at this one for a while, but just did and have to say it looks really good: exudes atmosphere..........great modelling Mark:good_mini:

Rgds........Mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
On 17/03/2019 at 14:32, ikks said:

`Haven't looked in at this one for a while, but just did and have to say it looks really good: exudes atmosphere..........great modelling Mark:good_mini:

Rgds........Mike

Thanks Mike for your kind comments.

I like to include as much detail as possible into a scene to try and replicate a lifelike scenario. 

All the best

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Act 1, Scene 1 Enter stage right.

Station Master looks at pocket watch and confirms that the local passenger service which was meant to pull into the station and then couple up to the Beetle Cattle van is now over 30 minutes late, while Farmer Giles look on in bewilderment as the realisation hits him that his prize Bullocks may not get to the County Show in time.

I expect we've all been there, its is a common scenerio.

Scene 2 to follow....

20190319_233506.jpg

19032.jpg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, MAP66 said:

I expect we've all been there, its is a common scenerio.

Oh absolutely, why only the other day, I had to wait 50 minutes to get my prize ram loaded...

:jester::jester:

Al

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, MAP66 said:

20190319_233506.jpg

19032.jpg

Excellent modeling and a story to tell!

Looking at these photos on a small screen (a phone) I just wonder if it might be an idea to have a plain white backdrop behind them for clarity - I didn't see the lamp at first. Just a thought: the detail is fantastic throughout.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Alister_G said:

Oh absolutely, why only the other day, I had to wait 50 minutes to get my prize ram loaded...

:jester::jester:

Al

Thanks Al for keeping the humour going. 

I was confident that some fellow modelers would have suffered the same fate. I expect NHY 581 has a tale or two to tell.... :laugh:

All the best

Mark

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
On 20/03/2019 at 09:17, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Excellent modeling and a story to tell!

Looking at these photos on a small screen (a phone) I just wonder if it might be an idea to have a plain white backdrop behind them for clarity - I didn't see the lamp at first. Just a thought: the detail is fantastic throughout.

Hi Keith

Your right about having a non cluttered white backdrop. When I take these photos I just want to post them asap and I always do it on the hoof (keeping it agricultural) without taking a moment to check composition etc.

Doesn't help with just using my phone camera either, I might invest in a decent camera one day. Any way, glad you like the detailing and thanks again for the valid suggestion.

All the best

Mark

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning Mark. 

My layouts all have a plain back scene of light lilac mounting board. Depending on the lighting, it can vary from light blue to quite dark blue. 

It provides a nice neutral backdrop. 

Rob. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening Rob

That's a great tip and thanks for sharing. Definitely going to try something similar so the viewers eye is focused on the actual scene without the distraction of any clutter behind.

All the best

Mark

• RMweb Premium

Well time got away with me on this one, just returned from a short break to Edinburgh and its back to work on Monday and I have no time left to complete my CBC. So I thought it would be good just show some last pics of how it stands at present.

You may think it looks finished but it's still about a week worth of modelling away from how I wanted it to look. But not to worry as I'm sure to attempt other CBC's throughout the year.

Anyway,  best of luck to all those who submit their entries.

Mark

20190330_005011.jpg

20190330_005101.jpg

20190330_120935.jpg

• Like 5

I'm sure that even in its 'unfinished' state this wonderfully detailed model could be a winner.  Why not rattle off a couple of hundred quick words and submit it anyway?

Edited by Dickon
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2