'Oh bullocks'

MAP66

• RMweb Premium

Firstly, thank you all for the support and your suggestions to just send it in anyway as it is.  I had certainly resided to the fact that I wouldn't have the time to complete.

Now it seems the deadline has bee extended to next weekend? So with that in mind I will spend an hour or so on it tomorrow evening putting some words together and sending it in.

Many thanks again for all your kind comments.

Mark

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

Havent dropped by for a while ...but the eponym is looking superb, many thanks for sharing - and good luck in the voting!

Phil

Many thanks Phil, only fitting that you have provided your seal of approval.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well, after just over 3 years since I last posted on this thread - some regretful news. During our recent house move to Somerset 'Oh Bullocks' lived up to its name, as I said something very similar upon discovering that I had not packed it away as well as I thought. Consequently, it got a bit squashed when something fell on it.

Careful examination revealed that it was still salvageable and it was just a case of straightening and gluing back the gates and railings. The 2 lamp posts unfortunately were right offs, so a delve into the bits and bobs box is required.

Here we see an image showing mid repair with gates and railings re-attached. I gave George the yard hand a re-paint while he contemplates how to collect all that poo for his allotment without a wheelbarrow (which also got damaged). Farmer Giles and the Station Master need a bit of a re-paint before they re-appear on the scene. The Beetle cattle van will also return when all repairs are complete.

20220612_193007[1].jpg

20220612_191945[1].jpg

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

Just happened to find your thread when looking through recent posts. It’s a lovely piece of modelling, everything blends in nicely and the dungy bits look very realistic. The only bit that jars with me is your positioning of the standpipe. Whilst I have no evidence to say it is in the wrong place I would doubt it would be positioned where cattle could easily damage it. It would seem more logical to have it discharging over the troughs or be positioned outside the pens. Just a thought.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, nickwood said:

Just happened to find your thread when looking through recent posts. It’s a lovely piece of modelling, everything blends in nicely and the dungy bits look very realistic. The only bit that jars with me is your positioning of the standpipe. Whilst I have no evidence to say it is in the wrong place I would doubt it would be positioned where cattle could easily damage it. It would seem more logical to have it discharging over the troughs or be positioned outside the pens. Just a thought.

Thank you for the comments re. the modelling and everything blending in, its all ways good to get such feedback. You are probably correct about the positioning of the standpipe. I referred back to the instructions and noted that it should have been located outside of the pens, I must of had a moment of madness. Anyway it's staying where it is, too fragile to try and prize it off and the cattle will just have to be careful 😀🐄🐏

• Like 1