Tim Horn Baseboards

Dragonboy

2 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

Not that long.  I ordered several custom boards earlier in the year and although it took a couple of months to find a slot for production, I wasn't invoiced until they were effectively ready for shipping.  I think I had them within a week of receiving and paying the invoice.

excellent thankyou. I paid the end of last week so hopefully will be here shortly. itching to get going!

Just looking back at my e-mails, I received and paid my invoice from Tim on the morning of Thursday 2nd May, and I have an earlier e-mail that stated he hoped my boards would be ready for collection by the courier company on Friday 3rd May and that delivery to me would therefore most likely be Tuesday 7th May or shortly thereafter.  I can't actually remember whether my boards were delivered on the Tuesday or the Wednesday of that week, but ultimately the day that TNT chose to deliver the consignment was obviously outwith his control.  All I can confirm is that they were received within a week of me paying, which is pretty good service.

I'd therefore assume that you should receive your boards soon - probably on Monday.

• Like 1

Hello Down_Under,

I live in Queensland south of Brisbane and earlier this year I followed up the issue of importing plywood laser cut baseboards from Tim Horn into Oz from the U.K. with the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources and it is my understanding, following the links and advice given in their response, that both plywood and MDF are permitted to be imported into the country under the description of a “Wooden Product”.

There is a responsibility for the Manufacturer and/or Supplier to provide details of the product and source materials and the importer to provide this information to the department for review and appropriate authorisation.

Link to BICON (Biosecurity Import Conditions) database:  https://bicon.agriculture.gov.au/BiconWeb4.0/

I haven’t approached Tim yet with this information due to website updates. His old website stated the only country he could not expert to is Australia. I don’t think that is now the correct, although some additional documentation may be necessary to be able to export to Oz.

I would be interested to know how you get on if you are already in communication with Tim.

Roger

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Tim is hoping his new website will be available early in the New Year but there is a lot of work to do on it, as well as fulfilling orders and he's only a one man band so patience is needed.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Tim has just delivered some custom Stock Boxes to me. Just over two weeks from me sending him the dxf's to arriving at my door, just got to find time to build them now. Great service.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jack Benson said:

Hi,

Is Tim currently incommunicado, his website is in limbo but no other untoward indication?

Just asking

JB

Send him an email if you need him. His old website was deactivated (not by choice) and he is in the process of making a new one but it will take time as he has to fit it in around existing orders and making money to eat.

• Agree 1

Guest Jack Benson
52 minutes ago, Satan's Goldfish said:

Send him an email if you need him. His old website was deactivated (not by choice) and he is in the process of making a new one but it will take time as he has to fit it in around existing orders and making money to eat.

Hi,

Tim just responded, the email address seems to have changed.

Now, a happy bunny.

JB

• 3 weeks later...

I have also had excellent service from Tim (and about to do some more in the new year).  My last order arrived promptly, and contained a hand written note thanking me for my business.  Now, how many suppliers do that? :good_mini:

Edited by cbrailways
  • Like 2

I live in Queensland south of Brisbane and earlier this year I followed up the issue of importing plywood laser cut baseboards from Tim Horn into Oz from the U.K.

In addition to import restrictions there's also the issue of the high shipping cost to Australia, although that might be offset by a VAT rebate if Tim is registered. I drew up my own baseboard design in Inkscape and had them laser cut locally, which worked out a bit cheaper than Tim's UK prices. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Was just about to email Tim about some new boards, when I saw this message from about 6 weeks ago on his Facebook page:

We have had to take the difficult decision not to take on any more orders as of this week. We have plenty of wood, machines are working but the one thing I do not have is time.

I’ve several outstanding bespoke orders to get through, plus orders for kits which I am going to concentrate on clearing our full order book, and our best estimate is that it will be 4 months before we can start accepting orders again. We will work on the new website as well.

I have cleared all outstanding 'paid for' orders and will now only take payment on an order by order basis.

We are very sorry about this, If you have any queries, please email or message me.

Keep safe and keep well. Let’s hope Covid-19 is defeated soon.

Looks like he's in the enviable position of having too much work!

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, JohnR said:

Was just about to email Tim about some new boards, when I saw this message from about 6 weeks ago on his Facebook page:

Looks like he's in the enviable position of having too much work!

He is being realistic about things though, so everybody knows where they stand.

Mike.

• Agree 5

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

well, it's that time of year again where I contemplate building a train set... :rolleyes:

I note that the website is still under construction and Tim's Facebook page doesn't appear to have seen any action since July with regards stock listings, so I was wondering if anyone knows the current situation regarding ordering and getting in touch?  I appreciate how busy the guy must be, so before hassling him on what might not be a definite order, I thought I'd hassle you lot instead.

Cheers

Dubya

edit:

Fired off an email to him for prices and availablity, using the timhornlasercut (at) gmail (dot) com address from his Faceache page.  

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, JohnR said:

I'm pleased to say that I've had a response from Tim and ordered a nice set of boards for delivery in 5-6 weeks time.

His current stock list is the same as the one kindly posted by @JohnR above.

Better learn Templot :help: 

Edited by Tim Dubya
learned a bit more English
  • Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1