Old Wrenn style point levers.

In the seventies Wrenn once made universal metal point levers which were held down by two shrews  . I would like to know if there are any companies out there that make something like them today in that style ? I could use the ones made by caboose industries but these are made of plastic so not very robust are there any others ?

The Caboose Hobbies ones are made of strong engineering plastic, IIRC, so you'd have to be pretty rough with them to cause any damage.

John

The worst you might do is manage to pull them apart, otherwise they are fairly indestructable. The Wrenn/GEM type ones can and usually do fail/jam eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

>>>...Wrenn once made universal metal point levers which were held down by two shrews....

...or perhaps a pair of well-trained mice ? :-)

This image has been making me chuckle for the past day or two! Two shrews in orange high visibility clothes crouched down with a lookout shrew further along the line side l

• Funny 3

• 1 month later...

Further to the above I have now found two caboose industries point throws that I purchased many years ago from Victors . They work well but I will need more having looked on their website  they make one with a adapter for Peco points . Where can I buy them in the UK ?

• RMweb Gold

I guess temporarily out of stock means they aren't available?

If you CAN get a UK/European supplier well and good.  I never could, always just out of stock.  Caboose Industries do sell to the UK via the web.  You can use PayPal (don't have to have an account) and postage is somewhat short of $11 IIRC.  Need to be buying packs of 5 to make that worth while I guess.  My last lot cost $25 inc. delivery - cannot remember the rate but it must be about £17/£18 for 5.  I decided it was worth it.

Edited by imt

Oh well  looks like I will have to cannibalize  the remainder from my American "S" scale layout that I am unlikely to sell.   However I will look around Alley pally show this Sunday but not hopeful.