How dangerous is NGRM-online?!

Tim Chambers

3 hours ago, Moxy said:

Yes, I am a member & signed in.

They have updated the forum software yesterday (to this same version as RMWeb uses), so there may still be some glitches to iron out. I will ask the question about new members & post a reply on here, when I get it.

Thanks Moxy, it will be nice to find out the answer.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

They are no known problems with signing up at the moment, but as I say the software is still updating, so there may still be a few issues that haven't come to light yet.  The only thing I can suggest for now is to keep trying.

Interesting what Sir Douglas is saying about security 'photos' to click, I got the same security question as you earlier today when I tried it.  (Welsh Highland Railway). Maybe the site is now doing random photo OR security question?  Keep trying and good luck.

• Like 1

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, Andy Lock said:

Well I've tried again today, this time I didn't appear to fail the security check but I got this message instead.

I guess they just don't want me as a member. 

544232380_Screenshot2020-10-18at14_38_53.png.346e5fdfb96c5d46be49f717cc7543aa.png

Users have experienced the same issue with RMweb over the last couple of days so I think there may be a software bug involved. I'll be raising a ticket with the software company tomorrow.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Yes as Andy guessed they’ve done the same update as Rmweb and it’s caused similar issues with 403 errors and links failing in the site too. 

It’s worth persisting and if you can’t get in by midweek tell me the username and I’ll pass it to Matt to look into. 

• RMweb Premium
On 07/10/2020 at 10:56, Oldddudders said:

I always found McAfee anti virus total pants.

Slow, resource hungry and not particularly good at it's job.

My brother in law had no end of trouble McAfee which arrived as a promotion on his PC.

Uninstalled it for Norton and all was fine.

I use Kaspersky, I tried McAfee didn't like it at all, I used to have Norton previously

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

it’s caused similar issues with errors 

I spent an hour this morning trying different configurations to try and get around it; glad I didn't spend two!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Scottish Modeller said:

am beginning to think I must be the exception to all thse experiences!

I've had no problems on here or on NGRM with logging in or getting asked security questions.

No it seems to be a minority affected, I only had issues with YouTube links but that was sorted today as it was a server issue not the software update on NGRM. Apart from that I’ve not had issues with here or there. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Jack Benson

Hi,

My tuppence worth, I simply cannot get past the ‘sign up here’ process. I double check every line, ensure that my DOB is correct, same for the email and password but each attempt results in the same response - ERROR Code EXO but with zero guidance as to what has gone wrong.

To prove that it wasn’t my device, I tried with both the laptop and iPad, same result.

Cheers and Stay Safe

Edited by Jack Benson

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

My bookmarked link to the index page no longer existed as they seem to changed the url to the forum, hence 404’s.

the redirect has just stopped working as it hasn’t been a url/forum for 18months+

Search for NGRM online thru google and resave link from there ;) 

Edited by PaulRhB

Guest Jack Benson
1 hour ago, Nile said:

The newest member joined on 12 October, so it probably isn't just you having that problem. They don't seem to be in hurry to fix it.

Neil,

On a wild hunch, I tried using the laptop's password data search facility and even though the NGRM was not listed, the old Dell found my old log-in, a positive result from a quite few years ago.

Now, I can pester people for their knowledge of Busch Feldbahn........

Cheers and Stay Safe

Registrations should now work, we have pin pointed the issue being a 3rd party plugin, which has now been disabled.

The official url for the forum is https://ngrm-online.com

There should be no /forums after the address.

And to add to the "how dangerous is NGRM-online, its NOT Dangerous at all. There has been a lot of work over the last 2 years and we are running the same software as RMweb, and all security measures are in place, up to date and are working perfectly.

Edited by The Great Huszar
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Andy 17 said:

I've just tried to register again and have got the same Error Code EX0 that I've encountered before.

16 hours ago, Jonboy said:

My bookmarked link to the index page no longer existed as they seem to changed the url to the forum, hence 404’s.

Ok guys try now ;) 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...