GBRf repaints for 50007/049

i have seen on their facebook page GBRf are repainting 50007 and 50049 into GBRf livery, and no its not April 1st!

the computer images doesn't look too bad, and it is only a coat of paint after all. hopefully they'll stray to the GB Shed at Peterborough

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Judging by some of the comments already appearing on social media, opinion is split 50/50 (no pun intended) and some who have booked on that railtour expecting BR Blue fifties are furious!

This could get messy...

Judging by some of the comments already appearing on social media, opinion is split 50/50 (no pun intended) and some who have booked on that railtour expecting BR Blue fifties are furious!

I must confess they sound very poor when they're not painted how I like them, and they always seem low on power too.  :scratchhead:

• RMweb Gold

i have seen on their facebook page GBRf are repainting 50007 and 50049 into GBRf livery, and no its not April 1st!

the computer images doesn't look too bad, and it is only a coat of paint after all. hopefully they'll stray to the GB Shed at Peterborough

That would be great to see them in this neck of the woods

This 50 is on its way from SVR to Eastleigh today - I was told for a GBRF re-paint - but this looks like 006.

attachicon.gif50006 1.JPG

It is under the guise of 006 but is in fact 007. I have a donor loco waiting for repainting! Bring it on.

Yes, they'd struggle with 006, it was repurposed into razor-blades as long ago as March '88!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Looks nice, I'm sure Hornby and Dapol will roll out their respective Class 50s in the GBRf livery next year.

I do however wish the blue area was rounded off like their Class 92s and Class 66s.

attachicon.gif49947065_2110820905677387_7085635374751416320_n.jpg

Looks quite smart actually, bit like an updated version of Large Logo. Just needs UIC numbers to bring it fully up to date.

It's even got the letters BR on it!

• RMweb Premium

This 50 is on its way from SVR to Eastleigh today - I was told for a GBRF re-paint - but this looks like 006.

attachicon.gif50006 1.JPG

Definitely no 7 passing Salisbury just now heading for the repaint, caught it as I was leaving work ;)

attachicon.gif086C833D-3F18-4BD4-BBEC-A79377228B80.jpeg

Well that is two different locos, and what has happened to the front end of 50007?

It didn't look like that last September.....

Dave

• RMweb Gold

Well that is two different locos, and what has happened to the front end of 50007?

It didn't look like that last September.....

Dave

Same loco. One side is 007 the other is 006.

• RMweb Premium

Same loco. One side is 007 the other is 006.

Both those photos appear to be of No.2 end, short gutter and cantrail grille beyond. One is caved in and has no orange squares, the other is OK and has the orange squares. Two different locos...

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps Hornby should have sponsored the repaint as they could make some £ by selling models in the new colours.

Personally I like the livery, but far more important, if the repaint helps keep class 50s running on the main line then it must be good news.