Making an N gauge dummy class 20 - questions

My BR railfreight liveried Farish class 20 is looking decidedly lonely and rather than spend money on an additional powered loco i'm looking at options to make a dummy loco. I work on dcc.

Option 1: Procure a semi working/ crippled poole era example from Ebay, remove the cogs and motor, add extra details and respray body if necessary to a mid 1980s livery.

Option 2: Buy a chinese 'modern' body from BR lines and fabricate a chassis for it to sit on. Hopefully be able to repurpose some some bogies from rtr stock or kits to create a free rolling companion.

Are there any other options available to provide a dummy? Is wiring in directional lighting in either case a realistic option? Any insights or experiences gladly welcomed before i commit to a path, thanks.

• RMweb Premium

I think that you used to be able to purchase a dummy chassis, possible from Ian Stoat Models (IMS) no idea if these are still available or even if IMS is still going. These would have been for the old Poole era models. 

I think that you used to be able to purchase a dummy chassis, possible from Ian Stoat Models (IMS) no idea if these are still available or even if IMS is still going. These would have been for the old Poole era models.

Thanks Kris unfortunately it looks like thr chassis kit is no longer available.