H38 Restraurant Composite.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi jacking this topic as I also have a question about these restaurant cars, haveing dug my comet kit out of hibernation after moving and setting up my bed and Breakfast  now all it needed was the windows putting in before putting the body on the glazing is now done with the help of my johnson's clear, But the question is are the windows behind the counter whitened out as I suspect and shall I paint them or put white paper/card behind the glazing ?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Looks like there was white behind but the windows themselves might have been clear.

Frosted/obscured glass on the droplights & corridor window at the kitchen end. The wall would be an off-white & the bar that's visible is a standard wooden corridor grab rail.

The glass was usually 'Arctic' pattern:—

replacement1.jpg

http://www.pilkington.com/websitev2/both/productTools/decorative/index.html#

Pete S.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

6 hours ago, K14 said:

Frosted/obscured glass on the droplights & corridor window at the kitchen end. 

The glass was usually 'Arctic' pattern:—

Pete S.

Thanks Pete

now how the heck am I going to represent that ?........white would have been so easy but ! I tried the white paper I mentioned earlier, not a goer looked so wrong

6 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

In 4mm scale take your piece of clear plastiglaze and rub one of the sides with fine grade wet and dry to make it opaque. It worked for me.

Doh ! That sounds to simple! 

I will give it a go tomorrow on a scrap bit of glazing thank you

6 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

In 4mm scale take your piece of clear plastiglaze and rub one of the sides with fine grade wet and dry to make it opaque. It worked for me.

You could try experimenting with rubbing both sides with fine grade wet and dry, and then buffing the side that will be outermost using the back of a fingernail. A lot depends on how the prototype window was "frosted".

GWRRob 

your a hero ! Such a simple thing worked a treat very happy bunny 

coach now complete and finished after a five year hiatus nice to Finnish it after a layof due to a house move now on to the giant that needs bogies

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Graham456 said:

GWRRob 

your a hero ! Such a simple thing worked a treat very happy bunny 

coach now complete and finished after a five year hiatus nice to Finnish it after a layof due to a house move now on to the giant that needs bogies

Glad to help and here's a photo of my Comet centenary I did many, many years ago.

1749156250_H43Centenary.jpg.9d9fefc52c0886bd6c0343ecb37e04a0.jpg

• Like 1