Lynchwood Sidings 4mm - DCC (90's)

Chris56057

I've recently started a new project which attempts to depict a fictional wagon repair depot with small fuelling point. Plenty of inspiration has been drawn from Tees Yard WRD and I'll be using this as a base for adding further details later down the line.

I decided to bite the bullet and try out the new Peco Bullhead range of track and points and so far I've been very impressed - it certainly looks the part. Progress so far has seen the track laid on to a cork base and lightly pinned down. I've also added the dropper wires and now have power.

I've been testing the layout to ensure the track work is all fine and so far everything has been okay. Over the next few weeks I intend to add a backscene - probably the new self adhesive range from ID backscene and attempt to look at weathering the track.

The layout is DCC controlled and is set in the 90's to the early 2000's. Any comments whether positive or negative are welcome.

post-6700-0-24722700-1547641607_thumb.jpg

post-6700-0-30509300-1547641638_thumb.jpg

post-6700-0-58674900-1547641662_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chris56057
  • Like 8

Hi Chris. Most WRDs for your era are old steam shed type constructions. Theres some great shots on Flickr from inside Toton WRD. An older style shed with more space either side of the track may look more prototypical. Alternatively, model the front 10m only of the shed and have a small FY on the left fir the wagons to disappear into. Good luck.

I've recently tried using the bullhead fishplates and what a pain they are! They take forever to get onto the rail and I need up loosing so many they're so small but at least they look good

Yes - had fun with 6 on a PECO Bullhead Unifrog - look good if your doing a close up photo shunt plank etc - get the magnifying glass out - watchmaking territory. :O

Ian

Hi Chris. Most WRDs for your era are old steam shed type constructions. Theres some great shots on Flickr from inside Toton WRD. An older style shed with more space either side of the track may look more prototypical. Alternatively, model the front 10m only of the shed and have a small FY on the left fir the wagons to disappear into. Good luck.

Thanks Melly, I may change the shed in due course to suit the prototype better.

• Like 1

Chris - top tip for sleeper replacement for joins.  Get a spare sleeper and cut the inner chairs only off with a scalpel.  Then cut sleeper next to chair underneath where rail sits.  Slide into position from either side and you have a sleeper in situ missing only the inner chairs.  This helps maintain the uniform appearance of a chaired sleeper at all times when viewed from the side :-)

• Informative/Useful 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/01/2019 at 21:18, Melly said:

Chris - top tip for sleeper replacement for joins.  Get a spare sleeper and cut the inner chairs only off with a scalpel.  Then cut sleeper next to chair underneath where rail sits.  Slide into position from either side and you have a sleeper in situ missing only the inner chairs.  This helps maintain the uniform appearance of a chaired sleeper at all times when viewed from the side :-)

Thanks for the tip! 

• 2 weeks later...

A small update from the weekend - managed to purchase a couple of buildings at the LDMRC exhibition in Newark. One is a disused signal box and the other is a Lineside AWS hut. I also had a small issue with one of the points, which I've had to rectify but everything seems fine now. I've received the backscene in the post and will get that up soon.

IMG_20190225_172527.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...