Market stalls and casual traders

ianmacc

On 1/24/2019 at 3:41 PM, waggy said:

Wasn't there a couple of weeks ago, think he had been suffering from ill health, only ever bought some Humbrol weathering powders from him.

Stall has a new trader, alas not model railways

Shame hope not permanent 

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2019 at 00:32, Dava said:

Loughborough market place on Thursdays has regular model and antique/curio stalls, one of the regular model traders was also on the Saturday market last weekend. Diecast and Triang/Hornby including GWR clerestories for $7. I am on a self-denying ordinance not to buy tat I don't need, however inviting.

The Loughborough bric-a-brac on Friday has at least 3 pure railway stands new and sh well worth a visit in the town center Friday 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 8 months later...
On 23/01/2019 at 22:42, adb968008 said:

The 26B group used to have one on Bury market for years, but i’m assuming it’s long gone.

I remember that as a young lad in the late 80s/ early 90s and buying old Lima models and getting them to test them for me in a grimy back room in the market! Had a western and a deltic if I recall. 

Theres actually a society shop in the yard at bury Bolton street station selling secondhand model railways out of an old grounded van that probably belongs in this thread! 

Edited by ianmacc
Typo