Jump to content

247 Developments Reintroduce Our 2mm plates


Recommended Posts

  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I can recommend these plates. I picked up a couple at the recent York show including a beautiful Atlantic Coast Express headboard which I have sent down to John G. Ive also ordered 5098 Clifford Castle - to double head with my Kimberley Hall!

 

jerry

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, queensquare said:

 Ive also ordered 5098 Clifford Castle - to double head with my Kimberley Hall!

And what does her ladyship have to say about that hierarchy? Which one will be in front, I ask myself? :jester:

 

Jim 

Edited by Caley Jim
  • Funny 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Caley Jim said:

And what does her ladyship have to say about that hierarchy? Which one will be in front, I ask myself? :jester:

 

Jim 

You know how these things work Jim, I'll just do as I'm told!

 

Jerry

  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jerry,

On the South Devon banks, the Hall would normally be the pilot (i.e. in front) with the Castle as the train engine, having run single-headed to Newton Abbot.  That should settle the hierarchy.

Enjoy your holidays,

John

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

My next loco will be a vanity project. Cant decide whether to do it with the tender supplied which would be sensible or the Hawksworth which would make it different and thus more interesting. The second picture is at least taken at Bath (albeit the Western station) and possibly on a train to the southern via Warminster and Salisbury. 

These have just arrived - superb.

nameplates.jpg.9a93d8ea62a25e2993d7b00510ec4105.jpg

 

IMG_1774.PNG.80454fe7e83f652f065caa51810aae8f.PNG

 

IMG_1775.PNG.a516e91d333c51949b2d358b73a48a32.PNG

 

Jerry.

Edited by queensquare
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, queensquare said:

These have just arrived - superb.

They look fab, Jerry.

Co-incidentally, before seeing this I'd just commissioned a set of plates from 247 for my Jubilee for the Jubilee.

Really glad that I did now, having seen the quality.

Alas there was no Jubilee called Mitchell! (I'm going to finish it off as 45604 Ceylon).

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Nick Mitchell said:

They look fab, Jerry.

Co-incidentally, before seeing this I'd just commissioned a set of plates from 247 for my Jubilee for the Jubilee.

Really glad that I did now, having seen the quality.

Alas there was no Jubilee called Mitchell! (I'm going to finish it off as 45604 Ceylon).

You wont be disapointed Nick, £10 for doing the artwork and etching them. Excellent value IMO.

 

Jerry

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Nick Mitchell said:

They look fab, Jerry.

Co-incidentally, before seeing this I'd just commissioned a set of plates from 247 for my Jubilee for the Jubilee.

Really glad that I did now, having seen the quality.

Alas there was no Jubilee called Mitchell! (I'm going to finish it off as 45604 Ceylon).

 

Apple green Nick? Go on, you know you want to!

 

Simon

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, 65179 said:

Apple green Nick? Go on, you know you want to!

So, you've guessed my cunning plan, Simon!

I've been struggling to settle the precise shade of green, though.

I ordered an old tin of the long discontinued "BR Pea Green" from Phoenix Precision's clearance section of their website.

Now it has been delivered, I honestly can't tell the difference between that and their "LNER Green (Doncaster Shade)", which I bought many years ago on the advice that it was perfect for painting grass on a layout. (Still haven't got anywhere near the stage of planting grass on a layout...). One written description says the experimental shade was "not dissimilar to Doncaster green", but the Precision paints look very dark when compared to most of the limited range of published  photographs I have access to. I feel something a bit brighter and a bit yellower is called for. My current thinking is to use Humbrol 38 - "Lime". It has the advantage of being gloss, to help with the application of the transfers (which arrived from Fox yesterday). Suitably weathered, it might not look so lurid.

I still have some work to do on the body before it is ready for painting, however, and I've been distracted by some Easitrac pegged turnouts recently...

If I can get my act together, I might have it painted in time for the AGM. Bring your sunglasses just in case!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2019 at 07:55, Nick Mitchell said:

One written description says the experimental shade was "not dissimilar to Doncaster green", but the Precision paints look very dark when compared to most of the limited range of published  photographs I have access to. I feel something a bit brighter and a bit yellower is called for. My current thinking is to use Humbrol 38 - "Lime". 

 

Are there are Phoenix paints that DON'T seem much too dark for their stated purpose? I know scale colour is an issue, and presumably even more for us in 2mm than in other scales. But the Phoenix colours don't seem to make any allowance for being model paints at all. 

 

I just looked up Humbrol "lime" - looks like there's a choice of gloss or florescent. Could be fun!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, justin1985 said:

 

Are there are Phoenix paints that DON'T seem much too dark for their stated purpose? I know scale colour is an issue, and presumably even more for us in 2mm than in other scales. But the Phoenix colours don't seem to make any allowance for being model paints at all. 

I have the same issue with their Caledonian wagon oxide which is much darker and browner than the Precision Paints shade was and than the colour used by the SRPS at Bo'ness.  I find I have to add some yellow to it to produce a more orange shade.

 

Jim

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/07/2019 at 23:35, queensquare said:

My next loco will be a vanity project. Cant decide whether to do it with the tender supplied which would be sensible or the Hawksworth which would make it different and thus more interesting. The second picture is at least taken at Bath (albeit the Western station) and possibly on a train to the southern via Warminster and Salisbury. 

These have just arrived - superb.

nameplates.jpg.9a93d8ea62a25e2993d7b00510ec4105.jpg

 

IMG_1774.PNG.80454fe7e83f652f065caa51810aae8f.PNG

 

IMG_1775.PNG.a516e91d333c51949b2d358b73a48a32.PNG

 

Jerry.

 

I really appreciate you sharing this option Jerry. I'm looking for 5069 Isambard Kingdom Brunel which was operating in Cornwall in my chosen period.

 

Steve

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 2mmKiwi said:

 

I really appreciate you sharing this option Jerry. I'm looking for 5069 Isambard Kingdom Brunel which was operating in Cornwall in my chosen period.

 

Steve

 

I can recommend 247 Steve. The plates, understandably take a little while as presumably they have to wait until they have a sheet full of orders but the quality is excellent. 5098 was a Laira engine for much of its life.

 

Jerry

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 11/07/2019 at 23:00, Nick Mitchell said:

They look fab, Jerry.

Co-incidentally, before seeing this I'd just commissioned a set of plates from 247 for my Jubilee for the Jubilee.

Really glad that I did now, having seen the quality.

Alas there was no Jubilee called Mitchell! (I'm going to finish it off as 45604 Ceylon).

These are now to hand

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...

We are now Stocking the Springside Model's 2mm Loco Lamps


£5.30 per set of 5 lamps
L01 GWR White Body Loco & Tail lamps
L02 GWR Red Body Loco & Tail Lamps
L03 BR White Body Loco & Tail Lamps    
L05 LMS White Body Loco & Tail Lamps  
L06 GWR Red Body Tail Lamps
L07 GWR White Body Tail Lamps
L15 LMS White Body Tail Lamps
L16 BR White Body Tail Lamp      

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.