A modern scene, mk2.

i decided to start again , using a more heavy duty, yet still lightweight baseboard design, with the option to install back-scene as a final task when all the scenery is complete..

The boards are bolted together.

Track feeds connect to the bus by 2 pin connector. The layout is fully DCC.

The point are controlled by wire in tube method under the baseboard.

i hope in the future to exhibit this layout, so it was essential the boards were robust and sturdy.

The track on the joins is soldered to copper clad sleeper.

In the future there will be another module, a sliding fiddle yard to the left side.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fuelling lane/Servicing siding Infill now complete. This will be one of several infills that will be made so i can vary stock and the purposes for it.

Scratch-built fuel silo using PVC pipe and for the dome ends i have used OOGLY Eyes often found in the kids craft section.

The Portacabin and Kiosk both being Bachmann buildings heavily washed to give a nice grimy feel.

The pipe work is all made from evergreen rod, heated and shaped using a lighter. Barriers and pallets from Scalemodelscenery.

Concrete texture created using Plastikote suede texture aerosol and then given a mig dark wash.

QjE3V9rOQCeEDlpTtYAKTQ.jpg

VCt9joInSQig9lZTcgsBaQ.jpg

x%KBAeTuSjyhuzNVZNsGVQ.jpg

HVTN6FcMS5uauthLKBK+Lw.jpg

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Today has consisted of several small jobs being completed. More static grass added to both boards. Ive gone for a spring green, with a mix of a wheaty coloured static grass to tone the green down a little.fullsizeoutput_25f.jpeg.3a153fb6e0c95af1c7a5bb550f023ea8.jpegA gravel walkway between the tracts 2 +3 can be seen in an overgrown state. Scratchbuilt buffer stops ,put an end to the sidings. Fueling module in place.

The track and ballasthas also received a dark wash, and once i get the airbrush out will add a more general track grime effect. The dark wash looks darker than what it will be as it currently still drying.fullsizeoutput_25d.jpeg.ac55ec13a94ad2ab41cb81e7b1359514.jpeg

After giving the track a once over with a rubber , I then had a very short play with some of the stock.

NR 57305 Enters the fuelling siding with Mk1 Generator Coach making up a very short train, to the nearby NR Siding where it shall make up a larger train.

fullsizeoutput_261.jpeg.b2976235a18fc4fdc47a6570f711efb3.jpeg

NR 57305 seen stabled in the siding with MK1 Gen making up the train. View looking down the layout towards the fiddle yard.fullsizeoutput_263.jpeg.eb911ecafcc3e353d83b1cfbf8d7fcbc.jpeg

Next days modelling jobs are

Laying track for traverser fiddle yard and wiring up.

For the future;

-Lineside Junk

-Signage

-Adding imperfections to the grass.

-Painting scenic break boards and installing.

and a million other jobs.....

Thats all for today.

I hope in the next week or so to film a few running videos showcasing some of the sounds and beefed up speakers. I will be uploading them to the facebook page.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...