Oxford Rail announce J27 at Toy Fair

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

What I also like are the three link couplings, which I, for some reason, was not expecting, and the correct type of top lamp iron on the rear of the tender. 
I think, that with the excellent N7, Oxford have now found their feet, and future models should have no more big errors. I’ll my keep fingers crossed, but I know I don’t really need to.

Regards,

Rob.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Market65 said:

What I also like are the three link couplings, which I, for some reason, was not expecting, and the correct type of top lamp iron on the rear of the tender. 

I suppose it is to be expected, looking at the pics there seems to be a lot of Hornby influence. Not quite sure about the white grey cab interior though.

https://flic.kr/p/XaoChq

1 hour ago, RBAGE said:

A'll dee the jokes. Sorry, jurks.

Ye'll hadda be quick.  (You missed the opportunity to call me "Jerk".

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if I should treat myself to a 65817 - then I'll have the same loco in two scales, this being the one on Hawthorn Dene (also runs on Croft Spa).  Upgraded Union Mills.

65817-lhs.jpg.54a6830247b18aa5f6219d0c531f5dcb.jpg

The headshunt on NO PLACE will just take a K1 (carefully designed that way to stop me indulging in Pacifics) so a J27 will fit, though it is a bit big for the shed.

Les

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I was in Monk Bar Models purchasing a Bachmann J72 earlier today, and the retailer I was chatting with said something about the Oxford J27 being delayed until June time of next year so that various corrections can be made to the EP’s that have been seen so far. I don’t know how accurate this may be, but if anyone has any additional information it would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Rob.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I’m happy with that revision, since things will have been affected by the virus. For those short of money it gives a bit of extra saving up time too.

Regards,

Rob.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I hope so. What great loco's, one of the finest 0-6-0's lasting well into 1967. I will have one even though I model the SR(BR).

Assuming Oxford Rail are getting this model developed and manufactured in China we may have a very long wait with all the sabre rattling about China in the UK Press.

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Bishdurham said:

So June has gone and no sign of a J27.  July half done, will we see it by September?

All of the Hattons listings (bar one) are still saying July-Sept, so for now at least, nothing has changed in that respect. By September it'll only be 1 year late, there has been worse delays in model railway circles, stuff like Class 24/1's, 158's, etc.........

Anon

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Paul Cram said:

Only the DCC ones

Good jobs I'm a Zimo types of person.  Lets see if they've dropped the PTC from the PCB.

Edited by Porcy Mane
spellong

• 2 weeks later...

Just for anyone who might not be on facebook, somebody asked about the J27 in reply to post about the tank wagons yesterday. Oxfords reply was "Shouldn't be too much longer." Obviously not a exact time frame, but does imply things are still on track to it arriving in the next couple of months.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

45 minutes ago, knapper said:

Just for anyone who might not be on facebook, somebody asked about the J27 in reply to post about the tank wagons yesterday. Oxfords reply was "Shouldn't be too much longer." Obviously not a exact time frame, but does imply things are still on track to it arriving in the next couple of months.

I don't suppose there was any mention of the BR late crest N7 by any chance ?

28 minutes ago, Brit70053 said:

You're not expecting this until Christmas then Porcy ?

Good one.   Not really a reaction to expected delivery times. Welllllllll just a little bit.

I'm Just childishly amused by puns.

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Black 5 Bear said:

I don't suppose there was any mention of the BR late crest N7 by any chance ?

Nothing mentioned, although this was just a reply to something in the comments. There social media person seems quite keen to reply to comments on there posts, so a question on there might get something.

• Thanks 1