Oxford Rail announce J27 at Toy Fair

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold
On 01/03/2021 at 02:05, DougN said:

Interesting when looking at Hattons website- the page for the information has a delivery date of Q2 this year. however each of the locos has a eta of jan to March which is Q1. As we are most of the way through Q1 it looks like the info page is a better estimate (Q2)

I am rather interested in getting one of these. But the Q2 delivery works well for my bank account! I would have thought that there would  have been more info out by now. 

possibly a slightly revised delivery for:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/433586/oxford_rail_or76j27001_class_j27_0_6_0_1010_in_lner_black/stockdetail.aspx

the one I am interested in is due around the same time:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/433590/oxford_rail_or76j27004_class_j27_0_6_0_1214_in_l_ner_lined_black/stockdetail.aspx

'Due into stock between April 2021 & June 2021', according to Hattons.

cheers,

Keith

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Paul_sterling said:

Though I try not to be a cynic, I’m beginning to wonder if we’ll see them before Christmas..... mind you, as some will know, I’ve naively expected this loco each of the previous Christmases too.....!

Sounds like these people are finally getting to you.

Disappointment. It's a life lesson that nobody likes.

• Like 1

Well yes i would love to see this loco. When it turns up... it turns up. Bigger things in life are out there as i sit here on a Saturday morning... working the second week of 6 days. When i am employed to work 5 (no over time either) ... i would much rather be at home with the family and do some modelling. 

Working as much as i do makes the appearance of new models such as this so much more enjoyable when they do show up. I understand that Oxford and the people behind it will be working hard to get it all to us and we should all say thank you! 

Anyhow the later it is the more healthy my modelling fund will be. 

• Friendly/supportive 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Does anyone know if this was shipped through the canal before, is stuck in a container on Ever/Evil Green, or is behind it? [or is even still in processing in China]

If it is stuck in the Suez queue so be it and that can't be helped but an updated delivery date from Oxford would be nice to know just for financial planning as to when those of us with pre-orders will actually have to pay for it!

Edited by john new
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Bedlington North said:

Theres a post up thread on 19 March. Hattons have moved their expected delivery date to between April and June. 

My recent experiences with communication on pre-orders has been poor.* That rather vague announcement is just another typical example.  The reason I say that becomes clear if you disassemble it - if it is to be delivered in April (Which starts on Thursday next week) it will already have been produced, boxed up and is in a container in transit somewhere - alternatively if not until late in June it is possibly still in China. Yes, manufacture and transport are disrupted currently but the information we get on deliveries is unsatisfactorily vague. If in transit with delivery uncertain say so - In transit, due UK between April and June is believable; for me the current status announcement isn't.

Pre-ordering may be what we have to do in the modern era of small production runs, but manufacturers need to become far more pro-active on informing the end customer by putting realistically worded update information on their websites once the initial target dates are not going to be met. 

*The worst example has been Hornby's regarding the long delayed DVLR Jim.

Edited by john new
Typos corrected
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/03/2021 at 21:59, john new said:

Does anyone know if this was shipped through the canal before, is stuck in a container on Ever/Evil Green, or is behind it? [or is even still in processing in China]

If it is stuck in the Suez queue so be it and that can't be helped but an updated delivery date from Oxford would be nice to know just for financial planning as to when those of us with pre-orders will actually have to pay for it!

I have a "friend" in the Egyptian Government and I am told for a small consideration you can have your pick of the containers.  But don't tell everyone!

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• 1 month later...
On 15/04/2021 at 12:54, Bishdurham said:

I have a "friend" in the Egyptian Government and I am told for a small consideration you can have your pick of the containers.  But don't tell everyone!

Has your friend managed to get our container underway yet? :)

P. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 28/03/2021 at 11:51, john new said:

My recent experiences with communication on pre-orders has been poor.* That rather vague announcement is just another typical example.  The reason I say that becomes clear if you disassemble it - if it is to be delivered in April (Which starts on Thursday next week) it will already have been produced, boxed up and is in a container in transit somewhere - alternatively if not until late in June it is possibly still in China. Yes, manufacture and transport are disrupted currently but the information we get on deliveries is unsatisfactorily vague. If in transit with delivery uncertain say so - In transit, due UK between April and June is believable; for me the current status announcement isn't.

Pre-ordering may be what we have to do in the modern era of small production runs, but manufacturers need to become far more pro-active on informing the end customer by putting realistically worded update information on their websites once the initial target dates are not going to be met. 

*The worst example has been Hornby's regarding the long delayed DVLR Jim.

Nearly two months on from the above post and we are now more than half way through Q2, the currently announced (delayed) delivery period, and still no better news as to when it might arrive/have to be paid for. As posted elsewhere in the Hornby pre-order fiasco thread this lack of information is not helping the industry’s reputation.

• Like 1

Maybe the J27's are sharing Hornby's 2MT container?

Just like Corona V, all this delivery angst will disappear once they arrive.  Oh...   hang on a mo! 

• Funny 3

17 minutes ago, Les1952 said:

I hope not- I don't fancy living through another pandemic............

Look on the bright side. There's quite a few that didn't make it this far... friends included...

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Porcy Mane said:

Look on the bright side. There's quite a few that didn't make it this far... friends included...

True- my children have lost a godparent each.  I think I'd rather start from September 2021 in any case and look forwards....

To come back on topic, I'm going to add a sound-fitted 65817 when they arrive- and see if I can perch my N-gauge 65817 on the tender for a silly pic.  Then as a J27 is too big for my layout, the next step will be to build a bigger layout.......

Les

Edited by Les1952
afterthought
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Les1952 said:

I hope not- I don't fancy living through another pandemic............

Les

With due deference to the serious tone of subsequent posts, living through another pandemic, or a further wave of this one would seem preferable to the assumed alternative.

I would like to receive my ordered J27 before the situation has any chance of being put into reverse, but with the current lack of news who knows ?  Health is certainly my priority.

Regards,

John

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/05/2021 at 09:00, john new said:

Nearly two months on from the above post and we are now more than half way through Q2, the currently announced (delayed) delivery period, and still no better news as to when it might arrive/have to be paid for. As posted elsewhere in the Hornby pre-order fiasco thread this lack of information is not helping the industry’s reputation.

Anybody heard anything yet?

I would have hoped if there was a serious problem with the shipment Oxford would have said.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bishdurham said:

Anybody heard anything yet?

I would have hoped if there was a serious problem with the shipment Oxford would have said.

Much has happened since this Topic was started, 2 years and 4 months ago, that in normal business practise would warrant some form of explanation. It seems that we should accept this without question.

I think I’ll go ahead and by another Bradwell kit.

• Like 2

For some, it won't be impatience that is the issue. Some have finely balanced budgets, and will want to know if they have to hold back the funds this month for the arrival or non-arrival of the J27, or whether it can be allocated elsewhere. 

Meanwhile, I've been on with another NE 0-6-0 Tender Loco. 

51184562830_980336621d_b.jpg

51200482685_e48915f377_k.jpg

I grew fed up of waiting for a manufacturer to make an RTR J21!

Paul. 

Edited by Paul_sterling
  • Like 9
  • Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

2 hours ago, Paul_sterling said:

For some, it won't be impatience that is the issue. Some have finely balanced budgets, and will want to know if they have to hold back the funds this month for the arrival or non-arrival of the J27, or whether it can be allocated elsewhere. 

Meanwhile, I've been on with another NE 0-6-0 Tender Loco. 

51184562830_980336621d_b.jpg

51200482685_e48915f377_k.jpg

I grew fed up of waiting for a manufacturer to make an RTR J21!

Paul. 

That is really very good Paul, congratulations!

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• Friendly/supportive 1