D1 Class and E Class.

Paul_C

Hi All,

Can anybody point me in the right direction with this please? I'm looking for sound decoders/files for a D1 Class 4-4-0 and an E Class 4-4-0 both SR locos. I've had a look through various websites but haven't found anything so far. The D1 is a DJH Models kit but I am still looking for a suitable model of the E Class. Hope someone can help.

Paul C.

post-29343-0-28452100-1548171664_thumb.jpg

post-29343-0-70370800-1548171680_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2019 at 12:55, paulcornish said:

Hi Jack,

Thanks for that, I'll certainly have a look. It might be that the sound files do not yet exist in which case I'll have to go for the nearest similarity.

Paul C.

Hi Paul.

Forgive me if you already realise this, but DCC sound on models of steam locos is still a young proposition. Whilst there just might be an old taped recording recording of a "D" or an "E" in the Transacord / Handford collection, it will be some audio engineering to get that onto a DCC sound project. You might be lucky enough for that type of whistle to exist either on a recording or even on a sound file, but with the class long out of steam, your best hope is generic I would think.   

Good luck though

Hi Covkid,

Thank you for that very useful info, I'm still very much a novice with these things so any comments/hints/tips etc.... are so helpful and most welcomed. I'll try and find a way of sampling the generic files, I'm a firm believer in listening to things before I jump in and buy (if that's possible).

Regards,

Paul C. 

• 2 weeks later...

Insert other media Hi All,

Can anybody point me in the right direction with this please? I'm looking for some sprung buffers as per the attached photo of this SR D1 4-4-0. Colin at Alan Gibson's has told me that they don't do that one so any thoughts please?

Paul C.

8675662395_5f41f86a9f_k.jpg

• Like 2

Hey Paul,

If those are the same as the ones on the Wainwright E, Flick Branchlines an email, they have some that I recently purchased (no connection other than as a satisfied customer), if they are slightly different, I know that they still have stocks of the older Kean Maygib stuff + Markits stuff so they may have some other options to suit.

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 01:02, Jack P said:

Hey Paul,

If those are the same as the ones on the Wainwright E, Flick Branchlines an email, they have some that I recently purchased (no connection other than as a satisfied customer), if they are slightly different, I know that they still have stocks of the older Kean Maygib stuff + Markits stuff so they may have some other options to suit.

Hi Jack,

Thank you for responding to my question. I followed up your suggestion and it proved a real winner. I found details elsewhere in the forum linking Branchlines to a small company called Kean Maygib. That showed an address for Trowse (Norwich) so I gave them a call. They are now on the Rackheath industrial estate which is about 15 minutes from me and when I spoke with them and it appears that they actually make and supply parts for Branchlines.

I then phoned Branchlines and managed to get the exact buffers for my model so a brilliant outcome. The kit is being built for me by an experienced modeller so I had them sent direct to his address. They arrived yesterday morning so a fantastic result, thanks Jack.

Paul C. 

• Like 1