Class 26/27 photos

Love the much travelled 055; I'd pretty much stopped spotting by '82 but still had a record of what I hadn't seen - and cleared my 27s at Cardenden with this machine probably in the summer of '85, having it as far as North Queensferry on an early morning Fife Circle working, where it expired, only to be dragged to Waverley by 47018, which was at the time my ante-penultimate 47 for sight!!!!   

• Like 1

Hi Guys, I just posted on the class 25 thread so thought I would post here too as I have a few pics worth posting up. Some have been posted up before on other threads but it's good to have them on this thread for reference.

Some super pics here and what does surprise me is how common the class 26s where out  at Workington. I knew they could be seen at Carlisle but I didn't think it was that common.

Anyway some of mine.

SCAN0034.JPG

SCAN0026.JPG

scan0004-3.jpg

PJM-neg-079.jpg

PJM-N-021.jpg

• Like 17

Apologies for the quality, but I felt this was of interest. I got this tattered old photo from a neighbour and it shows Dundee driver Harry Mackie in the cab of a Type 2. The best that we can come up with locally is that this was driver training for Dundee crews just as they were arriving at Haymarket. It is taken in the yard at Wormit just beyond the south end of the Tay Bridge.                

H Mackie driver.png

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, sulzer27jd said:

Apologies for the quality, but I felt this was of interest. I got this tattered old photo from a neighbour and it shows Dundee driver Harry Mackie in the cab of a Type 2. The best that we can come up with locally is that this was driver training for Dundee crews just as they were arriving at Haymarket. It is taken in the yard at Wormit just beyond the south end of the Tay Bridge.                

H Mackie driver.png

Interesting photograph showing the door handle in the lower position.

D5377 and two other class 27s inside Thornaby shed on Easter Sunday 18th April 1965. Introduced to traffic on 28 Februrary 1962, it was later renumbered to 27030, withdrawn on 20 April 1986, then scrapped by Vic Berry in November 1987. Note the welded plate front right covering up some damage the loco had sustained.

GH002_26_20160408_0009_1200_wm.jpg.a6caabc33f71a43aa9ca62adf7667665.jpg

• Like 7