What Chassis' are available?

davianne

Hi Guy's

I am new to 009 modelling, and after hours searching the web,I am struggling to find suitable chassis ( not obsolete) for a lot of the available kits. Also, I have just bought 2 IOM static Beyer Peacock Loco's (1:76) (Oxford Rail) from the Isle of Man Railway, but the branchlines chassis kit is no longer available..... any idea's for an alternative? I don't mind modding a Chassis, but not building from scratch. The wheelbase would need to be 26mm with 15mm drivers. I have tried N-Drive hoping they might be able to mod their Dolgoch chassis, but no luck. Any help much appreciated.

David

Hi Guy's

I am new to 009 modelling, and after hours searching the web,I am struggling to find suitable chassis ( not obsolete) for a lot of the available kits. Also, I have just bought 2 IOM static Beyer Peacock Loco's (1:76) (Oxford Rail) from the Isle of Man Railway, but the branchlines chassis kit is no longer available..... any idea's for an alternative? I don't mind modding a Chassis, but not building from scratch. The wheelbase would need to be 26mm with 15mm drivers. I have tried N-Drive hoping they might be able to mod their Dolgoch chassis, but no luck. Any help much appreciated.

David

Hi David,

I spotted this on eBay the other day, it might be a bit small but there are different ones to see on the shop;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Super-Mini-Size-Motorized-Chassis-TU-KOPPEL-A-Tsugawa-Yokou-14036-N-scale/223326154632

The other place  I thought of was this link which is to motor bogies so might not be what you are looking for;

http://motorbogies.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_13

It's the best I can think of !

Gibbo.

Hi Guy's

David

The problem you might have with N-Drive is the long lead times, since I think it’s basically a one man operation, as with so many 009 suppliers. I wonder whether the fact that the IoM locos are 3’ gauge might make it hard to find a chassis where the gauge is 9mm but the wheels are large enough?