Flangeway OO Snowplough and N gauge Soc' Snowplough.

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

These models use the same CAD i believe, and the plough shape is very wrong. Has ayone come up with a workable solution as to a fix? Perhaps there are some 3D printed replacement plough blades for these vehicles that i've not come across?

Any help gratefully accepted.

In what way is the Flangeway plough shape “very wrong”? Not saying that you are very wrong, just curious as to what is wrong specifically.

I have been looking at pictures of the Flangeway model and full size BR independent snowploughs and I can’t see too much difference.

Cheers

Darius

In what way is the Flangeway plough shape “very wrong”? Not saying that you are very wrong, just curious as to what is wrong specifically.

I have been looking at pictures of the Flangeway model and full size BR independent snowploughs and I can’t see too much difference.

Cheers

Darius

Darius, 

I recall something like this being raised when the model was first introduced, so it's going back a fair while. 

I must confess that it looks, smells and sounds like a pig to me, especially at normal viewing distance without a prototype pig in the room to compare it with, so my assumption hitherto has been that the beast is indeed a pig.  Although I'm happy to be proved wrong, when in fact it's a boar.

I vaguely remember something about the shape when these were released, not that it stopped me getting one.

A search found some comments on another thread which may be of use.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/19747-ngs-snowplough-painted-samples/?p=293769

From that it would appear the main thing was the profile of the lower edge of the blade. 

Hopefully you should be able to compare photos of the model with the below.

post-13109-0-89029000-1548619843_thumb.jpg

ADB965230

I do have some other photos if they are of use?

Not sure I'd like to try altering it myself, still a very complex shape to get looking right.

Wild Boar Fell

EDIT: Not sure why the plough is drunk after uploading.

Edited by Wild Boar Fell

• RMweb Premium

Cheers

Darius

Hi Darius

It is a very awkward shape to recreate. The lower part is flat and the upper part slightly curved, coupled with the curve at the front starts low down and has disappeared  by the time you get to the rear of the plough.

post-16423-0-29527400-1548751985.jpg

I hope the photo of my hand made one illustrates this OK

post-16423-0-68359200-1548752200.jpg

post-16423-0-40851300-1548752282.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1