Midland Small Layout Showcase, Armitage, Staffs - Sat June 8th

Northpoint

It’s a shame this clashes with the 7mmNGA show in Burton as otherwise I’d have liked to have come along. If you could run future shows on a date other tha. The second Saturday in June, then you’d get a few more of us along to visit.

Hope it goes well.

Andrew

• Like 1

Since this is the last night that Blue Heron will be set up at home before the show and the recent smartphone viewpoint comments from Lance,  I thought I'd post a photo of an otherwise impossible view of the crew sat in the diner whilst their loco idles outside. 

You too can be one of the Blue Heron crew members, as punters will be invited to solve the 3-2-2 Inglenook switching puzzle by instructing the crew or operating themselves (insert disclaimer here).

IMG_20190606_223302~2.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Andrew Young said:

It’s a shame this clashes with the 7mmNGA show in Burton as otherwise I’d have liked to have come along. If you could run future shows on a date other tha. The second Saturday in June, then you’d get a few more of us along to visit.

Hope it goes well.

Andrew

If you're going to be at one event all day then I suppose there's no alternative, but sometimes it's possible to take in two or even three shows on a well planned grand tour (as I would have done last weekend if I hadn't been at work).

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, 298 said:

If you're going to be at one event all day then I suppose there's no alternative, but sometimes it's possible to take in two or even three shows on a well planned grand tour (as I would have done last weekend if I hadn't been at work).

Our local group of the 7mmNGA run the show for the Convention so will be one of the first to arrive and one of the last to leave so keeping me there all day.

if I were just visiting, what you suggest would be great, one in the morning and the other in the afternoon.

Cheers,

Andrew

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Well it’s the 7mm NG Exhibition for me till lunchtime then of to the small Layouts showcase in the afternoon as it was last year.

As a NG Modeller for many years and the Small Layouts Showcase organised by fellow Stafford Railway Circle club Member I have to visit both these excellent exhibitions 

Eltel 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, johnb said:

Salinas Valley loaded and ready for an  0630 start tomorrow morning!

06.30 start for me also, I better get to bed.

Edited by Nick G
  • Friendly/supportive 2

13 hours ago, ELTEL said:

Well it’s the 7mm NG Exhibition for me till lunchtime then of to the small Layouts showcase in the afternoon as it was last year.

As a NG Modeller for many years and the Small Layouts Showcase organised by fellow Stafford Railway Circle club Member I have to visit both these excellent exhibitions 

Eltel 

See you there Terry, I did have Kingsmill, (Midland Road) TMD provisionally booked for next year, but that is now up for sale.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Nick

Great exhibition with some superb layouts, with a good cross selection of both uk & foreign outline micro type layouts.

Well done mate, yet again.

Eltel 

• Agree 1

Well done Nick and your Team, a really good selection of Layouts, and only 2 I had seen before, but both well worth seeing again.

Sausage sarnies and tea went down well on arrival and again lunchtime. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Home safe. Mutton unloaded. 

Thank you Nick and to all who organised and attended. 

Once again a smashing show and a pleasure to exhibit at. 

Great to meet so many friends, old and new and to exhibit Mutton in the company of some very nice layouts built by some very talented modellers. 

Now sat quietly with a beer........or two....

Rob. 

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

To add to the comments above - I had a wonderful afternoon at the show: well worth the drive down from Merseyside (and back).  Thank you to all involved - the organiser (it was nice to be able to say "thank you" in person this afternoon too), all the exhibitors, some of whom had made very early starts, to the team and the traders.  To see 20 layouts (NB: more than the 18 on the programme), well presented, running well and representing a very good mix of scales, gauges, prototypes and eras was a treat, but best of all was the readiness of everyone to engage in conversation (including a trader happy to offer modelling advice too). 

In just two hours I picked up helpful and achievable tips on:

Baseboard construction (including legs)

Track and Wiring

Simple Point control

Ballasting and Weathering

Buildings and Scenery, including backscenes

Layout presentation (including use of background sound)

This may well be the only exhibition I make this year - if so, I have been both satisfied and encouraged to press on with my own small layouts and dioramas.

Thank you.

• Like 1

Well, I didn't actually finish the boxfile layout as you can see. However, I did enjoy the miniature version of The Model Railway challenge and thanks to Nick for allowing it to take place. I hope the raffle winner enjoys his prize.

I won't als like to thank the stewards for their help during the day with coffee supplies ad bin duty!

I didn't get much chance to get a close look at the layouts, but from what I saw they were top notch. 

steve

IMG_1792.JPG

IMG_1793.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks you all for your feedback. Judging by the comments here and from visitors at the show, everybody had a good day.

As usual, I have to thank everybody involved - exhibitors, traders, helpers and visitors - because without any of you, it wouldn't be a success.

I was a bit concerned early on as for the first time since I started organising shows (TVNAM in 2010), there was no queue outside the door at 10 o'clock! Given the foul weather, I suppose it's not surprising. Anyaway, the numbers did pick up later and looking at the figures, the show didn't make a loss and there might be few pennies lef tin the piggy bank to consider it again next year.

Here are some photos grabbed when I had a chance to go round:

admaston 1.jpg

alexander 1.jpg

blue heron 1.jpg

cooper 1.jpg

corwenna 1.jpg

coton 1.jpg

crickdale 1.jpg

florida 1.jpg

lebrecht 1.jpg

little roome 1.jpg

longfield 1.jpg

mutton 1.jpg

queens st 1.jpg

salinas 1.jpg

show 1.jpg

show 2.jpg

sidings 1.jpg

victoria 1.jpg

westcliff 1.jpg

winkford 1.jpg

glacier 1.jpg

Once again, many thanks to all and watch this space re next year...

Edited by Northpoint
  • Like 11