SWAG Member's Day - Sunday, 28th April 2019

Stubby47

• RMweb Gold

No idea, David.

Now, back to the food.

I road tested a piece of chicken and ham pie today. It was very good indeed, up to the usual standards in fact, but there is a soupcon of suspicion in my own mind that I might need to conduct a further test.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, DLT said:

Amidst this Member's Day of cake and pasty consumption, might there be any trains for us to see as well???

So you've missed the layout teaser posts above....?

8 layouts promised, plus the modules.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Invoking Betjeman, you cad, gets me every time!

St. Enodoc.   Betjeman.  Anyone else spot the link here?  

Oh and chaps - it looks as though I can get there for 11.00 by using the first train down from Paddlingtown and an uber to get to the hall fairly swiftly. Failing which Plan B is of course to head down on Saturday. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

St. Enodoc,  

The Australian Cultural Attache to SWAG? 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi all,

As suggested by the good Captain himself,  we would like to invite members who will be attending the SWAG event to bring their Cakebox Challenge entries to form a display.

These can be from 2018,  or the Q1 2019 challenges.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Hi all,

As suggested by the good Captain himself,  we would like to invite members who will be attending the SWAG event to bring their Cakebox Challenge entries to form a display.

These can be from 2018,  or the Q1 2019 challenges.

17894201-closeup-of-a-fresh-strawberry-cake-with-sliced-strawberries-and-chocolate-in-a-box.jpg.ff2d0b2b4e7c945d0fa3e735f9f0a79a.jpg

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Pete,

It's a private exhibition and friendly meeting of RMweb members and their guests.  We even allow members to visit from north of the M4.

Most visitors will report it is one of the best days in the exhibition calendar, the chance to play trains in a convivial atmosphere with like minded souls, enjoy some delicious pies, pasties and cakes and purchase some much needed items from our guest traders.

Please browse the threads from previous years to get a feel for the day. (2018)

For those of a more adventurous spirit (and are able to spend some extra brownies points), on the preceding Saturday members have been known to take a trip on the WSR, join the Taunton MRG in their clubrooms on Bishops Lydeard Station then retire to a local hostelry for a meal.  This year it's in the Lethbridge Arms, Bishop's Lydeard.

Please, if you can, do come, you will enjoy it.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I thoroughly agree with Stubbers. Much more of a social than an exhibition. 

Dashed good clean fun...

Rob

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

I have even been known to come all the way from Australia to attend. The convenient timing of family events was merely coincidental. 

Always a good day out. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all, 

As Phil & Kim ( & Jerry) will be at the excellent Helston exhibition the same weekend as the SWAG event, we are looking for a new person, or persons, to manage the Bring & Buy stall.

If you'd like to help out, please let me know :)

Cheers

Stu

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

Hi all, 

As Phil & Kim ( & Jerry) will be at the excellent Helston exhibition the same weekend as the SWAG event, we are looking for a new person, or persons, to manage the Bring & Buy stall.

If you'd like to help out, please let me know :)

Cheers

Stu

A real shame that they clash this year, we shall be thinking of you down on the Lizard.

J & K

• Friendly/supportive 1

53 minutes ago, queensquare said:

A real shame that they clash this year, we shall be thinking of you down on the Lizard.

J & K

You be careful they Cornish lizards can be rather strange :crazy_mini:

Komodo-Dragon.jpg.eccfda01d932c682e9559e83556ae222.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Well, we have a volunteer to man the Bring & Buy stall, so please get searching for all those items you no longer need and would like to pass on, for a small fee, to other members.

Also, we're still hoping you can bring a cake with you on the day, all proceeds again from both these will go to our nominated charity.

Full details of the exhibitors, demonstrators and traders soon, so you can get your pre-show orders placed. Please note , Chris & Sam from KMRC will not be attending this year, some waffle about a new shop in Suwwey, so we have a new trader.... thanks to Bleaty-Boyo for his assistance in this.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Chris & Sam from KMRC will not be attending this year, some waffle about a new shop in Suwwey, so we have a new trader.... thanks to Bleaty-Boyo for his assistance in this.

Noooooooo

Will certainly miss the chance to buy their preproduction samples!  (although thinking about it some more, I guess it wouldn't have been until next year that there would be a chance for PRA wagon samples to be available... 

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Please note , Chris & Sam from KMRC will not be attending this year, some waffle about a new shop

Do you anticipate that they will return next year, Stu.

They'll have twice as many staff to choose from by then.