Model Railway Exhibition 17th February Monmouth 2019

Liddy

I can't find a thread for this show, so I'll post one here, I'll also try and get it added to the Exhibitions calendar. I'm a big supporter of local shows as is 96701 of this parish. We're lucky to have this one in town organised by the Rotary club. It will be in the same venue as last year The Bridges Community Centre on Drybridge street on the road leading to Rockfield village. Official details on the link below.

http://rotary-ribi.org/clubs/page.php?PgID=327038&ClubID=635

post-721-0-89862800-1548449131.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No 

10 minutes ago, 96701 said:

It is next Sunday. Is there only me and Liddy from the whole of RMweb going?

No, I'll be there doing a demo.  I promised I'd have a go at a MSE lever frame somebody was given and passed to me.  Unfortunately the first job looks like I'll be undoing the work done so far :-(

Tony Comber

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, shipbadger said:

No 

No, I'll be there doing a demo.  I promised I'd have a go at a MSE lever frame somebody was given and passed to me.  Unfortunately the first job looks like I'll be undoing the work done so far :-(

Tony Comber

I'll see you there, then. I've never seen a lever frame close up.

2 hours ago, shipbadger said:

Hi shipbadger, I look forward to seeing your demo.

And Gilbert thank you for the link, I see Rich Eason is exhibiting again.

Thoroughly enjoyable again. Thank you to Monmouth Rotary for organising this show and to all the exhibitors and traders who supported the show.

I was spoilt by Bristol_Rich unearthing 47567 Red Star for a guest appearance on Frampton.

IMG_20190217_101850269.jpg

Abbots Morton was new to me. 

I had to compliment the Sodbury Vale MRC guys for the detail, presentation and straight-forward trackplan giving great operation in a small space.

IMG_20190217_105850518.jpg

IMG_20190217_105548824.jpg

Edited by Liddy
Update
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Thoroughly enjoyed this show. An excellent collection of layouts and other modelling interest. Met many friends too and came away with a couple of brake vans from a trader and a couple of books from the two ladies who were poignantly selling their late father's collection. I couldnt match their valuation of the best book they had but they were kind enough to let me have it for what was in my pocket on the basis that I would appreciate and therefore look after it. Thank you - and consider it done!

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock
Spelling Timothy!
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 years later...
On 17/02/2019 at 20:11, Liddy said:

Thoroughly enjoyable again. Thank you to Monmouth Rotary for organising this show and to all the exhibitors and traders who supported the show.

I was spoilt by Bristol_Rich unearthing 47567 Red Star for a guest appearance on Frampton.

IMG_20190217_101850269.jpg

Abbots Morton was new to me. 

I had to compliment the Sodbury Vale MRC guys for the detail, presentation and straight-forward trackplan giving great operation in a small space.

IMG_20190217_105850518.jpg

IMG_20190217_105548824.jpg

Love the simple track plan, and its very smart presentation. Which Skaledale model is the station building though? Is it a conversion from another Hornby building?