Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Malcolm S Castledine

jonny777

I am very saddened to read this short announcement elsewhere on the internet. 

It is with great sadness that my dear cousin and life long friend Malcolm sadly passed away on the 23rd of December 2018. He had been very ill for the past 18 months having been diagnosed with Lewy Body Dementia, he passed away in his sleep whilst family members were with him.

If any of his railway/photography friends would like to pay their respects his funeral is at Bramcote Crematorium on Wednesday 9th January at 1.15 pm, we ask for no flowers but a donation can be made to the Lewy Body Dementia UK.

Malc was well known in the Nottingham railway circles and his photos especially of the Great Central around Basford have illustrated articles in magazines and several books that he has had published. He will sadly be missed especially by me as we went on many photing outings from the early 60s to a couple of years ago when he became ill.

Michael Ward [Warsop Notts.,]

Another great steam photographer joins the great photo club in the sky. 

I have a number of his excellent photo albums, particularly those of the Railways North Of Nottingham series published by Booklaw. 

I never met Malcolm, but I'm sure he would not mind being remembered by this photo of 92132 leaving Nottingham Victoria on the 5th September 1964 with a SO Skegness to Leicester service. The smoke was arranged by a friendly Annesley fireman.  

post-4474-0-06579900-1548501608.jpg

RIP

Edited by jonny777