Future markets

TTDB

With most of Europe now modelled to the hilt , I’ve always wondered why they don’t now look at the Russian market with actual Russian models not something simply just reliveried, maybe a basic start set to aim at the younger generation? The same could be said of India a basic start set of a loco and couple of coaches these are both booming economies with huge populations, I’m not talking high end models just something simple to start with to gain some interest into the hobby , it happened in Brazil a few years ago when Frateschi started making medium detail Brazilian models so the idea is there.

Already working on Indian models. Detail level will be medium as with the Brazilian models.

I have kits already available, will look into sets and train packs in the near future. Will most likely consider DEMUs, EMUs and MEMUs for the first few sets and train packs.

Will try and satisfy both the N scale and HO scale markets.

• Like 1

That’s an excellent venture I’m sure it will do very well , their older coaches seem much of a standard same as the urban EMUs , with such a vast population even if a small % become railway modellers or buy the basic sets the market would be huge. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TTDB said:

That’s an excellent venture I’m sure it will do very well , their older coaches seem much of a standard same as the urban EMUs , with such a vast population even if a small % become railway modellers or buy the basic sets the market would be huge. 

The overall coach designs are similar, however they are a minefield. I do however have a lot under my belt. We keep up-to-date with IR and do a few projects with them, so accuracy and additional information is our stronghold.

As of now there are three basic coach bodies on which other variations are made.

I will monitor I won’t model as I’ve too much now I enjoy some of the quality YouTube videos I often watch, not sure but think the Pakistani and Bangladeshi trains are the same types, there are some intufreight stocks as well like the huge car carriers , personally I think if someone introduced a mass produced set of loco and 3 coaches wagons mid quality say 1980s Lima detail level you’d be onto a winner , I don’t know about manufacturing in India I have some nice quality model buses made in Bangladesh and I’ve seen some Indian “toy” trains.

Going  back to “other” markets like Russia I remember Lima had a large South African range but all has disappeared now think the last product was the CO-CO diesel buy they also made some of the GEC bo bo electric locos and a suburban EMU set , 

Edited by TTDB

Have you thought about gauge? Russia uses 5' gauge, India 5'6" on its mainlines. Do Irish modellers use standard OO (the only Irish prototype modellers I know scratchbuild on 15.75mm gauge which is accurate 5'3" gauge in 3mm scale).

18 minutes ago, whart57 said:

Have you thought about gauge? Russia uses 5' gauge, India 5'6" on its mainlines. Do Irish modellers use standard OO (the only Irish prototype modellers I know scratchbuild on 15.75mm gauge which is accurate 5'3" gauge in 3mm scale).

Gauge is rather simple...I've always followed on thing in life "Keep it simple stupid". Odd thing to follow but it does help.

NG will be represented by 9mm gauge

MG will be represented by 12mm gauge

BG will be represented by 16.5mm gauge

Since I design kits, the "rivet-counters" can modify their chosen mechanisms to 18.83mm gauge which is fairly accurate to Indian BG in HO scale. Anyway from my research I ever concluded that BG represented by regular HO scale track will get me over 95% of my sales.