Flangeway Limited Edition Tinsley ZZA snowploughs - PAIR

Lochnagar

I'm happy to announce an exclusive limited edition run of the forthcoming batch of Flangeway ZZA snowploughs. 

After almost 10 years since their first release, we have teamed up with Flangeway to offer the ever popular ZZA Tinsley/Buxton snowploughs in the iconic triple grey RFD livery adorned with the painted names Snow King and Snow Queen, as well as Tinsley depot plaques. Optional ice breakers are also included as per usual. 

The models will be sold as a boxed pair, and are limited to 300 pairs. The price will be £80 per pair plus p&p estimated at £4.95. Overseas postage is available at cost. 

Artwork has been approved, and delivery is due in early April. They will also be available to purchase in person post free from the Derby Roundhouse show in May, and DEMU all being well. 

To reserve yours, drop me a message on here with your full name, phone number and email address. Alternatively, do the same on my ABC Workshops Facebook or Instagram pages. KMS Railtech in Aberdeen have also kindly set up an order page for us aswell, so you can pre order through them aswell if you wish. We will be in touch when the models are available to take payment, no money up front. Obviously you don't have to pre order, but in the event of a sell out there won't be any left over for general sale so I would recommend registering a pre order so you know you've got them. Pre orders are welcome to collect from the two shows above without postage, just add this to your message. Note these are not available from Flangeway,  they are an exclusive limited edition made specially for us. 

Pictures below..they look stunning with some suitable Tinsley haulage such as 47145 Merddin Emrys. 

Hope you like! 

Alex

post-9660-0-09657400-1548589518_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-60593800-1548589541_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-07879000-1548589561_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-77700100-1548589588_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-02084300-1548589608_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-97670100-1548589626_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-13394300-1548589645_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-27752300-1548589661_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-17249400-1548589681_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-21236700-1548589700_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-59156800-1548589716_thumb.jpg

post-9660-0-68907500-1548589734_thumb.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

As mentioned in the OP, we have setup these for online orders on our website.

The items will be sent directly, but it allows you to pay and reserve online rather than having to do bank transfers or similar.

You can find the Ploughs HERE

You can also find lots of very well priced items on our site - www.kmsrailtech.co.uk -  and in our store in Aberdeenshire.

Thanks

Mike

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys, just an update to say we received the pre production samples from Flangeway yesterday, and they have been thoroughly checked over by myself and the required adjustments have been sent back to China for tweaking. Hopefully this won't delay things too much, and we are still on track for a mid summer delivery!

Once again thanks for your support and pre orders,

Alex

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The ploughs will be in stock by this time next week, We'll be in touch with everyone who has ordered re payment and address details, and we'll endeavour to process orders as quickly as possible but please be patient! 

If you haven't heard from us by the end of the month drop me a line..

Alex

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 28/01/2019 at 02:52, Jim76 said:

They look great. When were they painted in this livery?

On 28/01/2019 at 12:51, Lochnagar said:

Early to mid 90s. I'm not sure if they were scrapped late 90s or repainted again, very little info around. 

Sorry to be late to this, I don't know how I missed a 41A related thread.

The ploughs were painted from plain black at Tinsley in November 1992 and moved to Buxton in 1994, but didn't last long, going to Doncaster to provide spares for other ploughs soon after.

As for the model, is the Yorkshire Rose going to be a cast plaque?, and also, the blade/pointed end didn't have the access doors as depicted on the standard Flangeway  production model, is this a re-tool?

Mike.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Sorry to be late to this, I don't know how I missed a 41A related thread.

The ploughs were painted from plain black at Tinsley in November 1992 and moved to Buxton in 1994, but didn't last long, going to Doncaster to provide spares for other ploughs soon after.

As for the model, is the Yorkshire Rose going to be a cast plaque?, and also, the blade/pointed end didn't have the access doors as depicted on the standard Flangeway  production model, is this a re-tool?

Mike.

Hi Mike, thanks for the info. We were thinking of enclosing a set of Brian's etched plaques but decided to keep the costs down, as I wouldn't have wanted them factory supplied or fitted either so as to avoid 'wonky' or bad quality etches. The Shawplan plates should lay over the top as per the previous ones for those who want to add them. There is only one tool for these, and no modifications have been made to it from last time. To retool/modify would have prohibited this production run. Now that you've mentioned it I'll try filing the raised hatches and repainting to see how they look.. satin black should be easy enough to patch up! 

Alex

Edited by Lochnagar

• RMweb Gold

It's a reasonably easy job to smooth the blade Alex, as you say the colour matching is quite simple. I just filed/chiselled the raised details off and inlaid small diameter rod into the panel lines and then sanded the whole blade smooth on mine.

Although it's way out of period for me, I'm a sucker for anything 41A, so could you reserve me a pair for collection at Stafford or the Roundhouse please?

Mike.

• Thanks 1

On 14/01/2020 at 05:41, Enterprisingwestern said:

It's a reasonably easy job to smooth the blade Alex, as you say the colour matching is quite simple. I just filed/chiselled the raised details off and inlaid small diameter rod into the panel lines and then sanded the whole blade smooth on mine.

Although it's way out of period for me, I'm a sucker for anything 41A, so could you reserve me a pair for collection at Stafford or the Roundhouse please?

Mike.

Hi Mike,

We have a stand at Stafford so pop over and see us! No problem.

Alex

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...