Neuburg

JimFin

• RMweb Premium

Having spent time making up the packing crates for 2013, decided to run some trains and have a go at videoing them before dismantling the layout. Did not have much stock out, just what happened to be on the traverser but this was the result - https://www.flickr.com/photos/148810032@N02/albums/72157718652004486

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

2013 is back in the train shed to fettle before the Darlington show in October.

Got this gaming monitor (very reasonable on ebay) to run the software for Obervaz as the aspect ratio is better for the shape of the layout. Just since I could, put in to Neuburg 2013 to see if it would work as well as I hoped in a live setting.

Nice be able to have the track plan and the throttles for all the loco's on roster open and visible at the same time. Might just keep using it for this as well! See what the other operators think when they get a hands on.

IMG_20210926_110428.jpg.a6f70c85cebfa6e2a749e66cd030ece4.jpg

• Like 4

I absolutely adore this layout, I can't quite put my finger on it but it just has that wonderfully captivating feel and environment to it, a perfect balance. Not to mention, it being Swiss goes a long way! Would love to create something like this in the future and even just capture half as much of the atmosphere you seem to have been able to get :D

Matt

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

Set up at "Locomotion" at Shildon for their exhibition this weekend. Both layouts side by side. If you are visiting, do drop by and have a chat.

IMG_20221007_171206.jpg.337f5321b21fd0bc755134ac9d05cd26.jpg

IMG_20221007_171224.jpg.ccfe2e2cf1a7a1887f1c14e89dbd8d99.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Neuburg 1913 has made the short hop up to Newcastle / Jesmond for the Tyneside MRC show this weekend. If you are attending, look forward to seeing you there, Jesmond Academy  10.00 to 5.00 Saturday and 10.00 to 4.00 Sunday.

image.png.2f0e754f9e07f1642e1393c8da530907.png

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, JimFin said:

Neuburg 1913 has made the short hop up to Newcastle / Jesmond for the Tyneside MRC show this weekend. If you are attending, look forward to seeing you there, Jesmond Academy  10.00 to 5.00 Saturday and 10.00 to 4.00 Sunday.

image.png.2f0e754f9e07f1642e1393c8da530907.png

Is that the Contikits stand behind you by any chance?  If so, very convenient.  Have a good weekend, Keith.

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

Is that the Contikits stand behind you by any chance?  If so, very convenient.  Have a good weekend, Keith.

Tis indeed, same as Shildon in fact! At least next time we see them, they will have Alison's layout rather than the trade stand with them! Only one Bemo log wagon crossed the divide and a strange device one of my operating team got quite excited about - something called a class 66 which was really quite inappropriate, would not even fit on the track.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, JimFin said:

Tis indeed, same as Shildon in fact! At least next time we see them, they will have Alison's layout rather than the trade stand with them! Only one Bemo log wagon crossed the divide and a strange device one of my operating team got quite excited about - something called a class 66 which was really quite inappropriate, would not even fit on the track.

When Hornby bring out their TT:120 class 66 it will.  Have a good day tomorrow, Keith.

• Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations on winning the cup. Very well deserved. In fact, your combined layouts  must have been contenders for overall best layout on show. It’s pretty unique to exhibit TWO layouts of such quality side by side! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Still going strong and had a great day up with the Jarrow MRC at their exhibition. Hoping we have the same again tomorow, drop by if you are visiting.

image.png.807f6ce50201036bc3ba9462d3479053.png

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

If anyone would like to know more about the Neuburg project, I will be delivering a presentation to the June virtual meeting of the Swiss Railway Society on Zoom.

Members and non-members are all welcome to join in and a recording will be available after the event for those unable to catch it live.

Log-in details for the June Meeting are:

Topic: Virtual Branch Meeting – June
Time: Jun 18, 2023 08:00 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81195785864?pwd=ZCtEdEpKTXN5cjUwSk1YRUdDeGZQdz09

Meeting ID: 811 9578 5864
Passcode: TxG28P

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...