Neuburg

JimFin

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, JimFin said:

Anyone who is interested but missed the live feed, this is the link to the recording.

https://us06web.zoom.us/rec/share/ep1NyF4-o22fmkLRoVAFKmLuPYlBkU5Oa89akgD2pfA0PFHyXG9U1jcB68LSLFRF.EH_bP0A1HX4GiHot
Passcode: g0j83Be%

Thanks Jim. I missed about 5 mins in the middle after my laptop had a ‘wobbly’.

One question I thought of afterwards was:

Is there anything particular you’d like to have included on both layouts but couldn’t for whatever reason?

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, MrTea said:

One question I thought of afterwards was:

Is there anything particular you’d like to have included on both layouts but couldn’t for whatever reason?

One item not included in the original planning which I have added retrospectively to both layouts is a number of uncoupling ramps. It adds a bit more operational interest but in truth, rarely used in exhibitions.

On both layouts it would have been good to have automated the signals in some way. 2013 has manually operated colour lights but the 1913 fixed position dummies. That is one item, I would like to revisit.

Both layouts have the potential to have extensions added with a point at either end of the fiddle yard taking the line through the end facia onto new add on sections. If/when these are retired as movable exhibition layouts it is something I might look at and create some new scenes, possible switchable modules if i can find the space!

Edited by JimFin
  • Like 1

It would be awesome to be able to see new modules alongside the existing at exhibitions, never mind if you retire the layouts! Alternatively, you could build a series of new versions: Neuberg 1953, 73, 93 etc etc. 

• RMweb Premium
On 20/06/2023 at 12:23, Samedan said:

It would be awesome to be able to see new modules alongside the existing at exhibitions, never mind if you retire the layouts! Alternatively, you could build a series of new versions: Neuberg 1953, 73, 93 etc etc. 

I did actually contemplate and did some research on a 1953 version running in brown and green but apart from the OHP, was very little difference with the 1913.

2113 was also floated..................

Fortunately my therapist persuaded me that I had displayed enough signs of modelling madness to be at risk of intensive therapy and I should call a halt at that.

Modules (s) may happen after I have Obervaz complete.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

1913 all serviced and tested ready for the Darlington club show next weekend. Just need to pack it back into the crates and hope the van passes it's MOT on Tuesday!

• Like 4
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium