New 2019 Class 31

Krieghoff

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I must admit that it’s a impressive model but I would have thought that Hornby would have included a blue un-refurbished example as well.  One would hope that one will be produced in the future.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

How long have we been waiting for a headcode box 31/4 with central headlight.... and here we’ve got it by accident... just in the wrong /livery / number, plenty of happy options...

it could be renumbered as  31435/66/68 31519/24/26/30/31/33/52/56/63, or the well known 31541  probably more.

if they forget to print the nameplate on i’ll be even happier... 31530 Sister Dora is my first thought, for 5 RRNW mk2’s.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Trainshed Terry said:

Has this model been released to maket yet, and what is the cost.

Terry.

I've been keeping my eyes peeled, but not seen anything other than preorders still as of yet.

On 03/05/2021 at 18:48, Trainshed Terry said:

Has this model been released to maket yet, and what is the cost.

Terry.

The Hornby Website has it at *take a seat* £179.99 but I would imagine retailers would have it at about £165?

• RMweb Premium
42 minutes ago, XChris said:

The Hornby Website has it at *take a seat* £179.99 but I would imagine retailers would have it at about £165?

Glad I took a seat for that fifteen quid difference, heaven knows what would have happened.

• Funny 1

Unless Hornby's Railroad version (or ancient second-hand Airfix or Lima) is considered, this 31 is still the only game in town ! Which, considering how many there were, and the proliferation of models of other classes, eg 24/25, Peak, is IMHO surprising. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

17 hours ago, Foden said:

Glad I took a seat for that fifteen quid difference, heaven knows what would have happened.

I'm more on about the fact this old (and incorrect) tooling is being used at a high price when you compare it to an Accurascale 92 or Deltic... 

Surely these should be on the market at a lower price by now.

• Agree 1

It would have been nice, as I was hoping, for D5627 to be finished as originally built without a yellow warning panel. I'm glad I didn't pre-order as Hornby only show side view artwork which doesn't show the front panel.

I fully agree that it is now time for this model to be replaced, by Hornby or somebody, with a bit more imagination into the tooling and livery options. Their green skinhead version, having been messed about with is now wrong for the livery it carries.

I'll pass on D5627 I think.

Edited by BrushVeteran
  • Agree 3

On 03/05/2021 at 16:56, adb968008 said:

How long have we been waiting for a headcode box 31/4 with central headlight.... and here we’ve got it by accident... just in the wrong /livery / number, plenty of happy options...

it could be renumbered as  31435/66/68 31519/24/26/30/31/33/52/56/63, or the well known 31541  probably more.

if they forget to print the nameplate on i’ll be even happier... 31530 Sister Dora is my first thought, for 5 RRNW mk2’s.

The attention to detail is right off the "Oooops the cleaner did it" school of thinking :-)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, XChris said:

I'm more on about the fact this old (and incorrect) tooling is being used at a high price when you compare it to an Accurascale 92 or Deltic... 

Surely these should be on the market at a lower price by now.

Why should they? There's no other competition for the class in this scale, other than Hornby's own ex Lima offering.

Please understand, I'm not being deliberately obtuse to your point, but just because someone sees a particular model falling down the pecking order of most accurate model currently for sale, doesn't mean they would, or should start discounting it.

My suspicion is they'll still sell plenty, and will continue to do so for the most they can until either people stop buying it, or direct competition for its sale arrives from another manufacturer.

• Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Ow about this one off three tone bad boy with a little manipulation at the bottom ?

So that's what the "M" word is....

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, BrushVeteran said:

It would have been nice, as I was hoping, for D5627 to be finished as originally built without a yellow warning panel. I'm glad I didn't pre-order as Hornby only show side view artwork which doesn't show the front panel.

I fully agree that it is now time for this model to be replaced, by Hornby or somebody, with a bit more imagination into the tooling and livery options. Their green skinhead version, having been messed about with is now wrong for the livery it carries.

I'll pass on D5627 I think.

Surely someone will do a definitive version before too long! Your photos certainly give them plenty to go on.....

3 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Surely someone will do a definitive version before too long! Your photos certainly give them plenty to go on.....

..................and I'm more than happy to assist anyone who needs help in getting it right!. I offered Simon the same years ago when there was a danger of an incorrectly numbered version being produced. The older liveries are easier to get right as well Phil! I spent more time taking pictures of Brush 2's than any other type.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, BrushVeteran said:

..................and I'm more than happy to assist anyone who needs help in getting it right!. I offered Simon the same years ago when there was a danger of an incorrectly numbered version being produced. The older liveries are easier to get right as well Phil! I spent more time taking pictures of Brush 2's than any other type.

Knew they are a favourite of yours! They were special for us at Worcester .... a trip to Brum to see one on the Yarmouth or Derby was usually worth a few on coal trains ... until the WR got some of course when they became common - and locally despised as they were unable to time the Worcester - Padd trains, particularly as the best ones were kept for ECS at Paddington. 

But characterful locos in their early liveries as your super photos show so well.