New forum software

Message added by AY Mod

Before posting any faults found in this topic please check that it has not already been addressed in earlier posts such as New Content, Last unread post etc and why the update was necessary.

• RMweb Premium

Also confirm I’m using iPad and getting the same . Page opens up briefly then disappears. Does it a few times and then shows this message. Only on that thread though

Edited by Legend

“Notifications – View all notifications” now at “n” pages and growing

Hi Everyone

In a PM to Andy Y, and I hope he won't mind if I paraphrase, with the previous web version, if all notifications were viewed, there was the option to select a topic with a tick/check box, and then select delete all selected. This only deleted the notification and not to un-follow the content.

Andy had suggested to got to

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/followed/  

From this page at the end of each topic I follow, there is a tick/check box. Unfortunately though, this unfollows the content / topic I follow, and the “Notifications – View all notifications” pages keeps getting bigger.

Has anyone found away to resolve this ?

I must say, that I like the new web pages and appreciate the hard work that has taken place by Andy and the team

I don't mind the new fonts or colours, but I am not happy with the new format for another reason, namely the "activity streams". While they may be all right for a slow forum with a handful of contributions every day, it is not suitable for a busy place like this, where you can have dozens of contributions per hour. It makes catching up after a few days' absence rather difficult, as there may be some interesting threads that were started in the meantime, but of which I do not know the titles yet (obviously). The old page by page format was easier to handle. Also, it seems that a restriction has crept in as to the number of back contributions or the time one can go back. So, if you can, please bring back the page by page view of the latest contributions, even if it is only as an option.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Apologies if this has previously been covered, 

Is there an issue with the Create Blog button?  I am sure this was previously working, however when ever I click "Create+" then select "Blog Entry", I am not seeing any of my blogs in the drop down list.  Is there an issue with this feature (and will it be possible to get the create content button added to the top bar on mobile as well?)

On mobile it is a bit of a faff, (given there is no create blog button visible on every page), but if I click through to blogs, then click add new entry it all works fine.  (the same works if you click through to browse, blogs and create new entry on Edge.) 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

when ever I click "Create+" then select "Blog Entry", I am not seeing any of my blogs in the drop down list.  Is there an issue with this feature

I'm looking into that at the moment; it doesn't seem to behave as you'd expect it to.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, RLWP said:

Is there a way I can turn off seeing other users signatures? There are some here that soak up a huge amount of screen space on my PC, especially that 'tiger' video one

Richard

Underneath the like button there is a cross and pull down arrow; ignore one or ignore all.

• Informative/Useful 2

• Moderators

Just to let you know that the box for Followed topics has been reinstated at the top right of the Activity Stream pages. The feature had been set aside by the software developers but an independent developer kindly scripted this one for me as a little job.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Just to let you know that the box for Followed topics has been reinstated at the top right of the Activity Stream pages. The feature had been set aside by the software developers but an independent developer kindly scripted this one for me as a little job.

What does it show? I would have thought it was my followed topics but it's not?

hang on you're still working on it aren't you, it's now showing my stuff ......

Edited by RedgateModels
rug pulled from under me ;)
  • Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, RedgateModels said:

What does it show? I would have thought it was my followed topics but it's not?

It's showing ones I've set up to follow since the update.

Follow.JPG

47 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Andy just following this conversation and checking it out I don't see what you have stated above happening for me ie followed topics NOT showing at top right of ActivityStream.

I'll give it some time to work up to speed and check it again later...……. when I'm fully alert.

Regards

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, uax6 said:

I'm not sure if its just me, but the 'return to top' floating button has just disappeared. It was here at 6am, but its not here any more... ;-{

Oh FFS. Mine had disdappeared too, I've disabled the Follow module, re-instated the Top module and re-enabled the Follow mod again which brought it back on mine at least. maybe worth a refresh.

1 hour ago, RedgateModels said:

Sorry, no, not very well, the 2017 stuff I'm not following. the 2009 stuff I did. It's all a bit odd

I'm getting the 2009 stuff but not what I had followed - there was one thread followed by 2 people about a class 14 in a Lincolnshire field - very random.

Edit: And now mine has gone to 2011 and stuff I followed then.

Looks like it only began indexing what I have followed after I used it - that would be strange.

Perhaps it needs a sort descending for last updated so it shows the latest updates which I think was what was on the old design.

Second Edit:  Scrap all that, it's doing the Hokey Cokey - it puts my followed items in, it takes my followed items out, in, out, in, out, it shakes them all about :)

Edited by woodenhead
added content
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Mine was showing stuff that I don't recall ever viewing and now its disappeared.

• Agree 1