New forum software

Message added by AY Mod

Before posting any faults found in this topic please check that it has not already been addressed in earlier posts such as New Content, Last unread post etc and why the update was necessary.

• Moderators

There's obviously an issue; it'll get looked at. It won't really; I'll just wait until I get a brainwave to realise what it's actually doing and why, change something and then, one day, it'll all be alright.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

There's obviously an issue; it'll get looked at. It won't really; I'll just wait until I get a brainwave to realise what it's actually doing and why, change something and then, one day, it'll all be alright.

Damn fine strategy Andy, it's no biggie to say the least :)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

A minor point, and it may have already been mentioned - the word 'Location' and the member's actual location are joined together in the members' details that appear to the left of each post. I'd have thought there should be a space in between, or maybe a colon and a space.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, rodshaw said:

A minor point, and it may have already been mentioned - the word 'Location' and the member's actual location are joined together in the members' details that appear to the left of each post. I'd have thought there should be a space in between, or maybe a colon and a space.

I solved that, I think by inserting a : before typing my location.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Apologies if this has already been covered. Just posted in the Bachmann 2020+ thread. Clicked "Submit reply", the page started uploading it, then went back to asking me to "Submit reply". Since I have seen lots of duplicate posts, I opened the page again in another window and the post had been uploaded correctly, so I didn't resubmit. First time this has happened to me on the new software.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

Apologies if this has already been covered. Just posted in the Bachmann 2020+ thread. Clicked "Submit reply", the page started uploading it, then went back to asking me to "Submit reply". Since I have seen lots of duplicate posts, I opened the page again in another window and the post had been uploaded correctly, so I didn't resubmit. First time this has happened to me on the new software.

This has happened a few times to me. Sometimes the post appears in the box next time I post but its quite easy to clear the box.

• RMweb Premium
On 13/02/2019 at 20:12, AY Mod said:

At least that rules it out of being an animated gif. Puzzled.

Just tried the Bachmann 2020+ thread again on the iPad and the new page 4 is fine. So definitely the problem is on page 3 only.   

• RMweb Premium

Andy,

Sorry if this has already come up ...but....

I started a new topic on the E&WYUR in the Disused Lines section the other day but now find that this is invisible to me if I log in ! So long as I'm logged out I can view and search for the topic ?? If I'm on the main Disused lines topics page (logged out) then the topic is in the list but as soon as I log in it disappears, log out again and it reappears.

The only way that I can reply to posts that people have left me is to access the actual page when logged out and then log in, the page then remains visible and I can use the posting box as normal.

The topic does not appear in My Activity area either even though I am a follower, all other items that I follow work as I would expect. Have I missed something out when I created the topic as it think that this is probably the first one that I've ever started ?

Regards,

Ian.

• RMweb Premium

False alarm, problem sorted ....somehow I'd managed to activate the 'ignore this topic' option on the first post ! (I hate touch screens) ....anyway, seems Ok now although this didn't show up when I checked my followed topics in the Settings section.

Regards,

Ian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've noticed a couple of times now that if I click on a Blog title on the right hand side bar that if the blog entry has had a comment it takes me to the comment and not the top of the blog entry, if there hasn't been any comments it goes to the top ok.

• Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

All of a sudden, the site no longer fits the screen on my phone properly, it seems very jumbled. 

I haven't consciously changed anything on my phone, what could be the reason for this, please? 

I can see there is an issue, will investigate. The only thing that's changed today are admin functions rather than anything which should affect the front end.

7 minutes ago, JohnR said:

I've just had an email thanking me for signing up saying "Your registration is now complete" - bug somewhere?

Not a bug, some new validating processes are being put in place which necessitated flushing through some old notifications.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

All of a sudden, the site no longer fits the screen on my phone properly, it seems very jumbled. 

I haven't consciously changed anything on my phone, what could be the reason for this, please? 

Snap- this is what mine looks like 

Screenshot_20190224-223514_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Agree 3

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, 101 said:

Snap- this is what mine looks like 

No immediate solution found but please mitigate this a little by turning your phone into landscape orientation.

• Agree 1