New forum software

Message added by AY Mod

Before posting any faults found in this topic please check that it has not already been addressed in earlier posts such as New Content, Last unread post etc and why the update was necessary.

• RMweb Gold

When I edit a topic title I find that "Save" can time out.  If I close the window and reopen it very often the change has been saved. 

Yet editing text in a post saves more quickly.

Is there any particular reason?

David

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, DaveF said:

When I edit a topic title I find that "Save" can time out.  If I close the window and reopen it very often the change has been saved. 

Yet editing text in a post saves more quickly.

Is there any particular reason?

David

I find that happens on other occasions when I modify settings or activity searches: nothing, but if I refresh the window, it is done.

Hope that helps narrow down the issue - there appears to be a degree of latency in the system.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators

I fully accept that some users had genuine login problems after the update, a couple of cases involved some quite in-depth solutions to get everything working as it should. However, the majority of cases have been user-caused issues where usernames haven't been remembered by the user or entered incorrectly or out of date email addresses which require amendment. Most cases have been resolved with good grace on both sides but unfortunately there are a few who are just lazy, rude, inconsiderate, demanding and with no wish to lift a finger from their side to correct what they need to. I do help everyone but there's some who really do test my patience and I'll start to adopt a policy of only responding to them between 9-5 Mon-Fri when at least I get the satisfaction of being paid to be ranted at. I should have set up a premium rate helpline for some and kept them strung along for hours. :)

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

I'm having a problem adding to My Stream.

I keep trying to add Cavalex - but it doesn't save

I add it

Capture.PNG.b7d5ce5d38601b499eebe8dc2b18b5b8.PNG

Then Apply Changes & Save the change.

But after refreshing the Stream it disappears again:

Capture1.PNG.538d4bc2879cee5dace2a220920b1f9b.PNG

I am just following what I originally did to create My Stream, any ideas what I am doing wrong?

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

I'm having a problem adding to My Stream.

I keep trying to add Cavalex - but it doesn't save

I add it

Capture.PNG.b7d5ce5d38601b499eebe8dc2b18b5b8.PNG

Then Apply Changes & Save the change.

But after refreshing the Stream it disappears again:

Capture1.PNG.538d4bc2879cee5dace2a220920b1f9b.PNG

I am just following what I originally did to create My Stream, any ideas what I am doing wrong?

I think you've found a limit, will have to look if there is a setting when I'm back on the big PC or whether it's a setting on the new Cavalex subforum. Anyway I tried to add it, no joy, so I deselected Darstaed and then if let me do it. I didn't get a successful completion message but it seems to show in your stream now.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 09/03/2019 at 15:44, Regularity said:

I find that happens on other occasions when I modify settings or activity searches: nothing, but if I refresh the window, it is done.

Hope that helps narrow down the issue - there appears to be a degree of latency in the system.

Don’tknow If a change was made, or the indexing has completed, but it is like excrement off an agricultural digging implement now!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Andy,

I've just tried to embed a post link in a post in my Adlestrop thread, and got this error message:

embed_error.png.5b672fdf6a52171c688d5697e8ec142b.png

I tried a couple of different links, but got the same response.

Stu

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Stubby47 said:

Hi Andy,

I've just tried to embed a post link in a post in my Adlestrop thread, and got this error message:

embed_error.png.5b672fdf6a52171c688d5697e8ec142b.png

I tried a couple of different links, but got the same response.

Stu

Hi Stu,

The link should contain plain ampersand characters, i.e. "&", not "&" which is the HTML code for an ampersand, not valid in URLs.

i.e. it should be:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/42093-from-a-carriage-window/&do=findComment&comment=49432

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/42093-from-a-carriage-window/&do=findComment&comment=49432

Use the link icon to insert it into your post (5th from the left).

cheers,

Martin.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

Ah, thanks for that - I'd just been copying the code and pasting.

Hi Stu,

Ordinary copying and pasting is supposed to work - HTML codes should be parsed out of URLs. Unfortunately we are lumbered with Invision's programming, which is always buggy and never gets properly fixed. For example we have the very same problem with the links in notification emails, for those who sensibly read their email in plain text.

cheers,

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

One of my followed posts has actually appeared in the listing, problem is I was the last to make a post, in 2011. Seriously though, would it be possible to have a list of new threads instead? I for one would find it very useful, what do other RMwebbers think?

• RMweb Premium
On 22/02/2019 at 21:44, brushman47544 said:

Just tried the Bachmann 2020+ thread again on the iPad and the new page 4 is fine. So definitely the problem is on page 3 only.   

It’s happened again I’m afraid. This time on the Bachmann delivery schedule thread, which is only one page. Was fine yesterday.

• AY Mod locked this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 03/02/2019 at 20:06, Corbs said:

Hello, just something I've picked up on, in the current incarnation of the forum software, when someone quotes a post with images in it, it includes the images in the new post. Would it be possible to change it so the images turn back into hyperlinks when quoted? As people tend to quote in order to reply and this quickly results in threads becoming clogged with duplicated images over and over.

This is now functioning which will save a few mouse wheels burning out.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7
  • Informative/Useful 2

• AY Mod unpinned this topic