Icra's adventures

Icra

I've decided that from this year I will start to do Heritage Railway Trips in UK and Europe.

I will call the trips adventures and there will be two kinds:

1. Short adventures - they will happen over weekends in UK. Per year I will try to do as many as I can.

2. Long adventures - will be a minimum of 5 days to 14 days in Europe. Per year I will try to do at least two.

The first country that I will like to visit is Germany. My issue is that I'm not able to find any website like http://www.heritage-railways.com/map.php or http://www.heritagerailways.com for Germany.

It will help me a lot to explore. I will start with Wuppertal Suspension Railway but after I don't have any idea what line to visit, has to be something that is in the area.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

I will try to update this topic on a regular basis.

• RMweb Premium

You will find that there are not so many 'preserved railways' in Germany equivalent to those in the UK. There are, instead, more steam centres and museums that run their trains on local branch and freight only lines at certain times of the year, or private railways, or Lokalbahns that run heritage trains some weekends. You should also look out for special occasions, like significant anniversaries of railway lines where they bring in preserved steam to run on the line, and, of course, PlanDampf spectaculars.

• Thanks 1

@Ian Morgan thank you. Yes UK should be proud of its heriatage.

As I've said for the moment it is easy for me to do UK heritage weekends.

I have in plan Bluebell Railway as first trip.

I've seen in Germany for special ocasions some of the prices are quite expensive.