RMWeb New Site - feature wishlist

Message added by AY Mod

Please note this topic is for suggesting features; not about existing features which may not work as expected.

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, raymw said:

as the line-spacing seems much different than the previous version, any chance that it can be compressed. (iirc someone else mentioned about holding down shift key when entering/newline). Maybe automatically compress the signatures, that would save about half the real estate, or more, in many posts. (fat adders almost OK, Blue Lightening way off . Could not forum restrict to say, six lines of text (inc blank lines). It would encourage folk to be more frugal...-

Have a look in the sig settings, it's now restricted to 3 lines, 6 links/URLs and 1 small image. Unfortunately it only applies to anyone who edits or creates a new sig and doesn't retro apply,

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 57xx said:

Have a look in the sig settings, it's now restricted to 3 lines, 6 links/URLs and 1 small image. Unfortunately it only applies to anyone who edits or creates a new sig and doesn't retro apply,

If not applied retrospectively, I'd be a dictator, and after warning members, I'd go through and delete none complying members. But then I'd delete all members who don't post, too, and a lot of other  folk, too   :o,

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, BlueLightning said:

Try clearing your browser cookies. (this is different for each browser, if you don't know how to do it let me know what you use and I'll tell you how to do it :))

Gary

Thanks for that, just cleared it and so far so good.

Gary

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 57xx said:

I may be wrong in this, but I think the Signature page always said about three lines and 6 links, but I suspect the old software either couldn't or didn't enforce it.  Might be worth a PM to Andy next week once things have calmed down, especially if you've had (or currently have) a longer signature.  But id guess that such things are a low priority at the moment!

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

I think the Signature page always said about three lines and 6 links,

I think it was 1 picture (max 500px x 100px) and 6 links. The limit of how many lines it has being brought in makes sense, Although I would find 5 easier to work with than 3, but I have no plans to bug Andy about it unless I really can't fit what I want into 3 lines, and certainly not for a few weeks at least

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
45 minutes ago, MarshLane said:

I may be wrong in this, but I think the Signature page always said about three lines and 6 links, but I suspect the old software either couldn't or didn't enforce it.  Might be worth a PM to Andy next week once things have calmed down, especially if you've had (or currently have) a longer signature.  But id guess that such things are a low priority at the moment!

You only need to look at some people's sigs to see that it wasn't enforcing 3 lines before :) Mine only had 3 lines of text with two blank lines separating them. When I went to redo it before Andy fixed the double line spacing, it enforced 3 lines this time. I'm fine with that, I'm certainly not going to be hassling him about it. :) 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Redkiterail said:

when we click a topic on new activity stream it goes to first post not the latest post below the blue line  is that possible to have as a feature

Click the black dot on the left, instead of the name of the topic.

Martin.

• Thanks 3

• RMweb Premium

Is it possible for your choice of 'expanded' or 'condensed' in the content lists being remembered by the new software please? Its not a biggy if its not possible, but would be handy.

Edit: Oh and can the tab setting at the top of the page be remembered as well please? It would be handy if you could select the activity tab and it to remain the choice for the length of the logged in period.

Thanks

Andy G

Edited by uax6
To ask for another feature

• RMweb Gold

Not sure if this is possible using this forum software - but its used elsewhere. I'd like the ability when clicking on an unread topic, to go to the last post in that thread I had read, rather than the last page (or the first page). 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, uax6 said:

Is it possible for your choice of 'expanded' or 'condensed' in the content lists being remembered by the new software please? Its not a biggy if its not possible, but would be handy.

select the settings you want and save as a bookmark to your favourites and it comes up condensed each time :) 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 3:01 PM, benachie said:

Can we have a simple "View new content"?

Alan

There's an Unread content tab top right on the desktop version, or the left hand of the three icons on the mobile version that do the same thing. Alternatively under activity streams there are more options for your posts, Content I started or your threads, content I posted in.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Suggestion for the Blogs, 

it would be great if the blog entry feature image could be selected from one of the previously uploaded images used. Wordpress works like this, it saves re-uploading an image if you want to use it in more than one place too :)

3 hours ago, PaulRhB said:

There's an Unread content tab top right on the desktop version, or the left hand of the three icons on the mobile version that do the same thing. Alternatively under activity streams there are more options for your posts, Content I started or your threads, content I posted in.

Yes, I know, but I said "simple".   I used to be able to click "chrome", type "R" (for RMweb/new content) and I was there.   This is so laborious.

Alan

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

and on the subject of feature images it would be nice if we could replace the Profile background image with something more personal too :)

You should be able to; can you see a Cover Photo button over the top right of your Profile header?

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, benachie said:

Yes, I know, but I said "simple".   I used to be able to click "chrome", type "R" (for RMweb/new content) and I was there.   This is so laborious.

Alan

That's just something your browser was populating - not a site function. Bookmark one of the options such as Unread Content and put that on your Bookmarks bar.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, RedgateModels said:

Sorry Andy, no, just the Edit Profile button

Capture.PNG.ed9a1502cf62a63a0d17d7c52d9f97c1.PNG

Apologies; a permission setting - you should now be able to upload a 1MB cover photo.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JohnR said:

Not sure if this is possible using this forum software - but its used elsewhere. I'd like the ability when clicking on an unread topic, to go to the last post in that thread I had read, rather than the last page (or the first page). 

Click on the dot or star to the left of the Topic Title - that will take you to the first unread post.

Click on the time of the last post and it will take you to the last post of the final page.

(Previously explained several times in other topics).

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

That's just something your browser was populating - not a site function. Bookmark one of the options such as Unread Content and put that on your Bookmarks bar.

Yes, I realise the browser was doing it - because it could.   I am not clear that that it can do the same so cleanly now.   I'll keep exploring.

Alan