BLACKNEY, a Glimpse of the Forest

westerner

Got my copy of BRM today. Really enjoyed your article Alan, you have done so well with Blakney, I thought the photo's looked  superb. You must be p!eased, what a great start to O gauge modelling, well done :)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pwr said:

Hi Alan

Are you likely to swap those 3 link couplings for Instanters. I do think the Dapol ones (available in packs of 5) are a great finishing touch

Paul R

Dapol do 3-link and dummy screw-link, they don't do 'Instanter' couplings? :scratchhead: :dontknow:

16 minutes ago, Bishop of Welchester said:

Er...

Yeah, closely followed by "Out of Stock", & no pre-order option. 

Also, not listed on Dapol's own website...

https://www.Dapol.co.uk/shop/model-accessories/coupling-systems/o-gauge-coupling

Unfortunate as I also do like the Dapol O couplings. No doubt other makes of Instanter are also available.

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, F-UnitMad said:

https://www.Dapol.co.uk/shop/model-accessories/coupling-systems/o-gauge-coupling

Unfortunate as I also do like the Dapol O couplings. No doubt other makes of Instanter are also available.

Sorry, I missed that. Antics, however, does seem to have one 5-pack and a few individual pairs.

I did discover  the casting with Instanter couplings for the Vanwide, now fitted. Also on looking through my stock boxes with left over part used spruces I discovered that Peco/Parkside also supply Instanters (plastic in this case, hopefully with very short rakes they will cope when fitted to my other brown vans). Speaking of which the new ply van has had its undercarriage weathered.

1356597683_newply.jpg.8def11506219315f18847eac48915699.jpg

As can be seen subtly different from the other ply van.

892146463_newandoldply.jpg.13a9dbe04e0ffc17f14e1a4534af5e7b.jpg

I couldn't resist setting this shot up of 3775 shunting. By the way the vacuum brakes were noften not connected in trains like this in the Forest.

1851163099_brownvanshunting.jpg.f683e27d0bb1810a27b000498b4eeb1d.jpg

• Like 17
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Premium
On 05/10/2020 at 20:58, westerner said:

Thanks Steve. I've only seen the rushes as it were so far, hopefully my copy will arrive shoertly.

.........And it is lovely, the stand-out layout in this month's BRM, well done.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Still haven't got my hands on a Nov. BRM, yet. :mad:

My local model shop has stopped stocking mags due to Covid, my local 'Smiffs' shut down just as Covid hit, and my local Tesco has a pile of unsold October issues still on the shelf!! :nono:

Good job I've been following this layout on here, & Western Thunder!! :yes:

• Friendly/supportive 2

For those of you who have read the article in BRM I must apologise for not spotting the mistake in the track plan when I was sent the proofs. There is no crossover at the fiddleyard end of the layout, as I wrote in the article the crossover is the sector plate. Anyway to those who have read it I hope you enjoyed it.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 09/10/2020 at 18:31, F-UnitMad said:

I got mine from Rails of Sheffield. Bought a bag of 5 but I see they are no longer listed.

Paul R

FINALLY - got my mitts on the Nov. BRM on Thursday!! 
Well done Alan, some fantastic photos in your article, especially the one on page 69 which passes the "Can you tell where it is without any trains?" test magnificently!! Absolutely & unmistakeably Forest of Dean!! :sungum:
Never mind the trackplan error - they tend to be a bit hit'n'miss in BRM anyway, I think. Then again, I drew a detailed trackplan for one of my own layouts once, and still got it wrong even with the thing in front of me!!! :fool:

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1