BLACKNEY, a Glimpse of the Forest

westerner

Alan

If you are planning a bus you might want to think about the Hachette 1:43 Bedford OB. Still available on Ebay. I just ordered one for £25. They come in Southern National livery so it would probably need a repaint for your layout unless it was on tour!

Paul R

It's a wind up, based on the fact that I don't particularly like buses and I really don't like buses on bridges!

The bridge, however, I really like, it's an unusual subject that puts me in mind of the bridge that took the Belan bank quarry tramway across the Criggion branch near Melverley. Something that I have been looking for an excuse to model because I didn't want an "ordinary" bridge as a scenic break.

It really does look like it's always been there and taken on a new purpose as a farm / logging road. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the finished stonework. 

That model alone has given me the urge to build something Criggion branch inspired.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, westerner said:

Bridge now finished.

391196000_bridgefinished1.jpg.4498780a22ef4268e6e6633c2c4e9eab.jpg

929832637_bridgefinished2.jpg.17852aba63be2c736f06750a26e69269.jpg

You may have also noticed that I've made some fiddleyard backscenes to give some continuity on the photos, They need a bit of work to get the colour right.

15 minutes ago, sb67 said:

Looking very nice Alan, extending the backscene through the bridge is a nice touch and works very well.

Yes Alan, working the Backscene through to the Fiddle Yard is not something I've ever thought of, but looks  fantastic.

9 hours ago, westerner said:

Bridge now finished.

391196000_bridgefinished1.jpg.4498780a22ef4268e6e6633c2c4e9eab.jpg

929832637_bridgefinished2.jpg.17852aba63be2c736f06750a26e69269.jpg

You may have also noticed that I've made some fiddleyard backscenes to give some continuity on the photos, They need a bit of work to get the colour right.

Exellent work Alan.

atb

Phil

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, westerner said:

many thanks for your kind comments. The fiddleyard backscene is only in place for photos as it would get in the way of the operation of the sector plate.

is there any way it could be attatched to the sector plate, I wonder how it would look?