BLACKNEY, a Glimpse of the Forest

westerner

Julian, the ballast is Woodland Scenics Light Grey (Medium) and I have coloured it with Humbrol rust and black washes. I use the light grey ballast as I feel it allows the colouring of the ballast to be more subtle. I hope that answers your question.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 5

Very nice. The overall view of the layout helps put everything into context. For anyone looking for a prototype suitable for a small space, the Forest of Dean has much to offer. I sometimes consider the area with its extractive industries, challenging relief and dominance of tank engines to be honorary South Wales Valleys.

Chris K

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Speaking as a son of a Forester, we won't thank you for that.  In my family, mention of anything Welsh was prefixed with bad language!

Just remember that we Welsh never officially surrendered to the English.

Therefore we could invade at any time....

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Just remember that we Welsh never officially surrendered to the English.

Therefore we could invade at any time....

Thank goodness for the people of the Forest keeping the rest of us safe.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, colin penfold said:

I had a friend who lived in Chepstow and he got the distinct impression that forresters were unique and neither Welsh nor English.

Unique is  a very polite way to refer to the Foresters. Odd and strange, even for residents of Gloucestershire, is normally the most polite I have heard. As stated before they have performed a role in keeping the rest of us safe.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Northroader said:

Didnt work last Saturday.

Quite but at least we knew which ball we should be holding onto........but we digress. 

Things are looking very nice indeed, Alan. 

Top stuff. 

Rob 

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Speaking as a son of a Forester, we won't thank you for that.  In my family, mention of anything Welsh was prefixed with bad language!

Hmm.

Many years ago, I had a colleague who lived in the Forest.  He claimed to be Welsh, but his wife (born in the same hospital, and grew up in the same village) claimed to be English.

Adrian

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 81A Oldoak said:

And I keep promising myself a Class 22 from MM1. 

Any time Minerva feel like doing one for themselves... ;):yes: :good: :locomotive:

3 hours ago, colin penfold said:

I had a friend who lived in Chepstow and he got the distinct impression that forresters were unique and neither Welsh nor English.

I used to do regular deliveries as an HGV driver to places in & close to the Forest, such as Xerox at Mitcheldean. I got that impression from the people themselves, too.

• Funny 1