BLACKNEY, a Glimpse of the Forest

westerner

Hi Alan, its a Monday after all and taken a break from work so decided to read your thread from the start, if I had done so previously I would have answered my own question on track weathering.

Love following your progress on your excellent inspirational layout.

I bought the excellent Neil Parkhouse book on the FOD railway and it is a fascinating area of railway operation of which you have captured in your layout.

My brother moved to Blakeney and showed me some of the old line last year, very few pictures exist of it.

Thanks once again for your layout and help you have given me.

Also Iv bought the Parkside GWR brake van so cant wait for the ‘great wire challenge’

best wishes

Julian.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Baggies1961 said:

Also I've bought the Parkside GWR brake van so cant wait for the ‘great wire challenge’

best wishes

Julian.

It's worth looking at this brakevan page as mentioned by Miss Prism in another section of the forum, as the handrails do vary depending upon type and age of the brakevan:

http://www.gwr.org.uk/nobrakes.html

Edited by Happy Hippo
  • Thanks 1

Some tittivating of bits not easily seen, the path from the track to the platform, there is now a verge under the hedge.

1762518990_pathverge2.png.1e7e8e96b1d9d6fc0921c27f3432e2b0.png

And the track/road over the bridge now has verges and some growth down the middle. Sorry about the quality of this photo.

road.jpg.c455bee004aeb691c6d0da884694d29f.jpg

• Like 16
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

9 hours ago, pwr said:

Perhaps a few sheep being herded to new pastures?

Must admit I thought of a few scraggies, too, but as mentioned earlier, this being the Forest of Dean they would most commonly be seen wandering free, not being herded.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 21/04/2020 at 20:13, westerner said:

Latest work bedding in the station building and telegraph pole.

633824151_station1.jpg.2b8b44d447393556581170899a4077d8.jpg

and I've started weathering the pannier, much still to do but at least it has lost that out of the box look.

1704272998_wpannier1.jpg.97e42bac9157fc59e97d59d7f991a71e.jpg

582000949_wpannier3.jpg.ddb855e6c018720eb6d447c3312da0bb.jpg

Next will be to start painting the various Modelu figures that will make up the crew.

Alan the paint job on the pannier and the weathering on the wagons is SUPERB,,,  nice one sir,,,, if you get bored you can come and do some of mine!!!!  When your allowed!!!

SAD:(

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Must admit I thought of a few scraggies, too, but as mentioned earlier, this being the Forest of Dean they would most commonly be seen wandering free, not being herded.

Or laid out  in the middle of the road, soaking up the heat off the tarmac, just around that blind bend 

• Agree 1