westerner

A change of Size and direction, Blakeney (Glos.)

Transfers now applied to the 5 plank. Notice buffers only at one end, a couple more springs have disappeared into the hyper space of the carpet.

1492363924_transfers1.jpg.9c521e5323048c38db6325969ff82386.jpg                     

510568898_transfers2.jpg.ff96e1bc4299d94428f6c2f83f9d458d.jpg                          

I have also started to weather the Toad. I could not resist placing the guard in position even though he is not yet painted.

1691503996_guard1.jpg.712075dee28edd38eefe161711b9261f.jpg

• Like 10

Hi Alan

How come I have missed this?

Are you enjoying playing with big boys toys?

Now I have found this thread I will be keeping an eye on it.

Enjoy your venture into 7mm modelling.

• Like 1

Many Thanks Clive, the way my left hand operated nowadays I need to be working with larger bits. Yes I am enjoying it.

The 5 plank has received some basic weathering, still waiting for the new buffers and springs, I'm assured their on their way.

755769382_weathered1.jpg.6c1fce8c1dacfe103399ddb02ea1e83e.jpg

382571125_weathered2.jpg.80c62002415e87e2c51500dcae39475f.jpg

1375372685_wathered3.jpg.4f13468577f2f90b924c8b5a820e63da.jpg

• Like 10

Hi welcome to 0 gauge.  I am pretty sure we found some of the trackbed of the Forest Central Railway  somewhere around the New Fancy area.  I have the Ian Pope/Paul Karu books which help a lot.  I also got to know Ian Pope who models in 0 gauge himself. 

One thing I noticed was one of your wagons built but still needed buffers. I found using sprung buffers it was easier to fit them and the three link couplings to the end before assembling the body. I allso found that I often need to take a bite out of the back of solebars to allow the buffers to work.  Slaters do quite a few wagons for the area dependeding on the time frame some could still have lettering visible in early BR days.

I found not problems with cutting a Peco point to straddle a baseboard joint ( between the crossing area and the pivots of the blades ) but you do need to add a wire across the baseboard joint if using frog switching.

I used 1m cassettes on my Sprarrows Wharf layout.  One thing to watch if using portescap or ABC gearboxes , maybe other too, the locos are free rolling and you have to be carefull not to tilt the cassettes. 

Regards Don 

Thanks Don for your comments. The springs go flying into the black hole that is the carpet because my fingers don't work as well as they used to.. With Peco wagons you build the buffer before attaching it to the bufferbeam which should to me is the easier way of doing it.

I've been in contact with Tim Horn and my baseboards will be ready for collection on Friday Great News. I now have to seriously think of what to do with Louville Lane my cameo layout. Unfortunately I do not have room to have it and Blakeney up at the same time. So it may have to be stored in the garage or sold. I am open to offers  

• Friendly/supportive 1

35 minutes ago, westerner said:

I've been in contact with Tim Horn and my baseboards will be ready for collection on Friday Great News. I now have to seriously think of what to do with Louville Lane my cameo layout. Unfortunately I do not have room to have it and Blakeney up at the same time. So it may have to be stored in the garage or sold. I am open to offers  

Hi Alan, I can sympathise with you, I never have room to keep some really good Layouts and they have to Sold on both to make room and increase funds for the next project.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately things have come to a bit of pause at the moment, in tidying and emptying the garage to be able to store Louville Lane to make room for Blakeney I seem to have pulled a muscle in my upper right arm, so I think it wise to allow it time to recover before moving "The Lane" and changing the railway room round to erect the new baseboards which I did manage to collect last Friday.

• Friendly/supportive 4

I'm pleased to say that my arm is somewhat better and with the help of a couple of friends Louville Lane was moved out of the railway room to be stored in the garage until such time as somebody wishes to buy it. The last few days have been  spent moving things around in the railway room so that Blakeney's boards can be erected. I've decided to use layout legs rather than the Screwfix type stands that the Lane was on. After or during their build I will be going through all the OO gauge stuff I've amassed over the last twenty years to see what needs throwing away and what I can hopefully sell. Hopefully by this time next week the new boards will be up and the room looking tidy again, for how long I don't know

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

15 hours ago, westerner said:

I'm pleased to say that my arm is somewhat better and with the help of a couple of friends Louville Lane was moved out of the railway room to be stored in the garage until such time as somebody wishes to buy it. The last few days have been  spent moving things around in the railway room so that Blakeney's boards can be erected. I've decided to use layout legs rather than the Screwfix type stands that the Lane was on. After or during their build I will be going through all the OO gauge stuff I've amassed over the last twenty years to see what needs throwing away and what I can hopefully sell. Hopefully by this time next week the new boards will be up and the room looking tidy again, for how long I don't know

Did someone mention the Swindon Cross-Country DMU?

2 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Did someone mention the Swindon Cross-Country DMU?

What the one I want?

• Agree 1

Easy Boys!!!!!, I'm still contemplating which stock I'll be selling and when.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Pleased to say that the new boards are now erected and the bookcases etc moved to their new positions. Still need to look at all the minor OO gauge stuff (Wills Brick plasticard etc and things like that) which I will probably never use again. if I get time I'll take some photos tomorrow and post them.

• Like 1