BLACKNEY, a Glimpse of the Forest

westerner

On 07/08/2021 at 16:03, westerner said:

I decided when adding the transfers that one side would be pre-tops and the other tops, thus giving me 2 wagons as it were ....

I've done similar before myself, using two different numbers - even with locos, to 'expand' my fleet!! Doesn't work with locos which have numbers on the ends as well as sides, of course!! 

I've also weathered freight cars to a different degree either side, or more often just weathered one side!! Partly that's due to sheer laziness, though!!! :jester:

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

My B set is crimson one side and plain maroon the other but the same numbers.

It still feels slightly wrong though!

Funnily enough I have a couple of blue diesels which I just intended to run with green era wagons. Despite what I've done with the coaches, it never occured to me I could have numbered some vans differently each side.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice work, I do like the weathering on the gates and posts. I've just been painting an entire station worth of fencing and gates. They too are going to need a little bit of subtle weathering. I'll be following this for inspiration!

• Like 1

Very effective and in strange way appears to draw your eye to the gate opening so you can peer in and see what's going on.

Like a mini view blocker with a viewing point......great.

Looks like it's been their for years.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KNP said:

Lets hope they can get that crate off the lorry......?

But don't worry Kevin, things don't move very quickly in the forest either.

But, there is one thing that does niggle a little with me..... All the walls I see

in that neck of the woods, look Pretty sound, but not Pretty tidy. Maybe

a tad too well done Alan, but representing it as built, rather than last legs,

perhaps.

Still wish I could do so well.

TONY

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It seems a long time since I've posted anything. A lack of mojo I suppose. However two good friends visited today and we had a good old chat, even occassionally about model railways!. However in checking that the railway was running and checking out that Parliamentary Trains "Point Drop Stop" work, they do brilliantly ( Oh by the way excellent service, ordered by phone on Friday afternnon and arrived this morning, almost as far West to East you can get, St Davids to near Great Yarmouth) I discovered one of my Dapol minerals was de-railing, I thought at first it was the new Point Stoppers but upon checking back to backs it was  the gauge on one of the pairs of wheels had reduced. A quick check with the back to back gauge to push them to the correct gauge and  spot of superglue and now all is well. When I thought about I had has a similar problem with another Dapol mineral wagon. So if it happens to you, ie de-railing check the back to backs.

Edited by westerner
correcting typos
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2