BLACKNEY, a Glimpse of the Forest

westerner

21 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

All looks very tranquil and infinitely more pleasant than West London. What are house prices like?!

Well you know the old saying about how to get to the Forest of Dean - "Take the M4, cross the Severn Bridge, turn first right, and go back 30 years...."

;) :mosking:

• Like 5
  • Funny 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 hours ago, gismorail said:

What a cracking layout so much realism a proper inspiration to all 

Absolutely. It falls into my "I WANT this layout!!" Category, which is hampered by a) how much Alan would want for it, and worse, b) how would I sneak it past SWMBO....?? :scared: :jester:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
On 29/03/2021 at 21:41, westerner said:

I do have a Minerva class14 on order.

I'd love one, but unfortunately Covid did for my income.... and business.  :cray_mini: Something else would have to go to pay for it, and that's a hard decision too.

In the meantime - your layout is just gorgeous!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

On 11/05/2021 at 20:26, westerner said:

After being axed from the kemble brabches BR(WR) decided to experiment with AC Railcar W79977 on the Blackney branch running a shuttle servic between Gloucester Central and Blackney. 

GWR Diesel Railcars ran to Coleford, so the above is quite plausible. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

I am concerned such a railbus has arrived in Blakeney, it can only mean the end of passenger services will soon be upon the branch.

Agreed, all that is needed is two blokes painting the station building, then it's certain.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

Great photo's Alan, the rail bus looks great and fit's in with the layout really well. I only hope Woodenhead's wrong and it's appearance isn't a sign of impending doom! ;)

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 16/05/2021 at 14:14, westerner said:

change the destination blinds (any one any ideas).

Wait till the Heljan and Dapol 121/122/117 come out fairly soon now and someone like Railtec will inevitably do transfers.

• Like 2

A grand addition to the layout is that diesel railcar (I can almost hear my grandfather turning in his grave while I'm typing that statement!) and as others have said, nothing quite signifies the twilight of a rundown branchline like it's appearance!

Edited by MrWolf

• RMweb Premium
On 16/05/2021 at 23:14, westerner said:

change the destination blinds (any one any ideas).

For my 4mm version I printed new destinations in Gill Sans MT Condensed.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Just wondering, maybe there was a ring fastened to the base, or to the ground, to anchor the hook to. This would prevent the hook from swaying in the wind, and the local kiddies from using it as a "Tarzan" swing. Remember them?

atb

Phil.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, westerner said:

Frank Drake has to occasionally load and unload  bits of unweildy machinery

Frank Drake?? Actually move something??!! :scared:  He never moves his own backside, never mind anything else - I bet that sandwich is stale by now too!!! :jester:

That crane has got even more rusty just while he's been leaning against his truck yakking. How he makes a living I just don't know!!! ;) :mosking: 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2